Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Hot card

Solved
telvinanaidoo
When I try to make a payment it states Hot Card and doesn't go through. What do I do in this case
Go to the solution >
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi

You need to call our Credit Card Customer Service line on 086 120 1000 so that we may check what the reason for this indicator is and provide you with steps that need to be taken to correct this. Due to the various reasons why this indicator would appear, we are unable to isolate it to a few alternatives.

Regards,

Standard Bank

0 Kudos
Highlighted
camelittaclara
Occasional Contributor
I called and wasted SGD48.75 on overseas call to speak to your customer service. She only said my card is Hot Card. I have to visit a branch. And she gave me another no to call, I did just that and he will get his superior to contact me. After 5 days still no one contacting me. I need to make payment. You know how frustrated it is? I need to pay bills to beneficiries. Why must block me after I received funds from overseas from my family to Standard Bank? My family send money to help me pay bills while my husband out of job.
This is so unacceptable and really inconvenience to your customer.
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please refer to your previous post.

0 Kudos
tshepo711
New Contributor
It's not very helpful of you to respond by saying refer to a previous post when the advice you gave in the previous post didn't work. Can you give us more options to solve this hot card issue besides call the call centre and go into the branch. I suspect that this has to do with the recent standard bank app update I just did. It's probably an IT issue that your IT team should look into urgently. I say this because I'm seeing this message for the first time ever on the standard bank app. I'm going to try making a payment on the internet browser and see if it helps.
0 Kudos
tshepo711
New Contributor
When I logged onto Internet banking using the web browser it informed me that my card has been blocked for security reasons. I suspect that some of us who have been logging in with old card numbers will need to update our internet banking profiles with the most recent card which we are using. Once this is updated our accounts will be unlocked and we can start making payments via Internet banking again. I'll let you know if what I suspect is true later.
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hi, you need to visit your nearest branch for assistance. 

0 Kudos