Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How Do I Change My Cellphone Number For Banking

10 REPLIES 10
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, community member.

We're sorry to hear about that.

Our team needs to have a look into as it sounds more like your profile was not updated accordingly.

Please send an email to [email protected] with a subject line " Contact number change", along with your ID number and new contact details.

Kind regards, 

Standard Bank Team.

I went to change my cell phone number that I registered my with today, when I want to use my internet baking to deposit money on my trading account, still they send OTP on my old phone number, I am disappointed with standard bank.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Nt11.

Thank you for reaching out.

Contact numbers are changed by our branch as per the banking policy.

The reason for this is to ensure that the details provided are correct, and there is a form you need to fill out for confirming a contact number change so that the process is seamless.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team

Nt11
New Contributor
Nt11
New Contributor
I have lost my old so I asked with due respect also with good manners to help me to change my number
Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hello @Xollie06 

Thank you for contacting us

To change your personal details such as your contact details, you will need visit your branch. Once your contact details have been ammended, you will update your contact details on your banking channels such as the mobile app, cellphone banking and internet banking.

We hope this was helpful.

Kind regards,

Boipelo.

Standard Bank Team

Xollie06
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning @MC12.

Thank you for reaching out.

You can switch your OTP preference from SMS to email.

"Manage OTP preference" is a profile setting available on both the mobile app and Internet banking.

To utilise this feature, please make sure that you are logging in with your QR code on Internet banking, and it requires you to be DigiMe'd to be able to switch it.

Here are the steps for using Internet banking to access it:

• On your landing page
  • Click on your user ID or preferred name.
  • Choose your profile and settings.
  • Choose "Manage OTPS Preferences."

Please perform the following steps on your mobile app:

• On your mobile app landing page
  • click more
  • Click your user ID, email, or preferred name.
  • Personal information can be found by clicking here.
  • Select your OTP preference.

Should the email not be on any of your banking profiles, our team will not be able to assist.

Please send us the below documents to enable us to assist you further:

• front and back of your card.
  • 3 specimen signatures
  • copy of ID and passport
  • -A letter confirming the email address you need to change the OTPs to and the card number you use for internet banking.

Upon receipt of all correspondence, our team will assist you effectively.

forward them to [email protected] for immediate assistance.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

MC12
Occasional Visitor

I have moved to Zambia, and cant receive my one time pin for accessing account or adding beneficiares. How do I change my cell nr.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Lorraine_09,

Please can I ask that you forward us a mail with your ID number and new contact details to [email protected] with the subject line 'update contact details' so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Lorraine_09
Occasional Visitor
I need assistance in changing my cellphone number, because I have a new number now and everytime I do transactions the notifications report on my old number which is no longer valid including OTPs. Please help me change it.