Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How can I pay my FNB credit card from my Standard Bank Cheque account?

23 REPLIES 23
KN777
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Deanblu.

Your credit card number will be used as a reference number. 

This will be allocated to you credit account within 2 - 3 working days.

Please let us know if you were able to process a payment.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Deanblu
New Contributor
So won't the card number work as a ref only the statement account number?
Deanblu
New Contributor
Did you use your card number or the account number on the statement
Deanblu
New Contributor
When you select the first card do you use your card number as a ref or the account number on the statement
Ngoako
Payments then click Business directory. Type Firstcard... you'll get firstcard firstcard (FF) .. credit card number as your ref
Jen27Fal
Occasional Visitor
Add beneficiary, select business, search firstcard. Then download your FNB credit card statement and use the account number that is mentioned on the statement as the reference on the beneficiary. Worked for me. Can’t use the card number or the account number from your app, you have to use the one on your statement.
Dbowker
Occasional Contributor

I asked the same question...never got a response.... 

Dbowker
Occasional Contributor

Dont expect a response.  Standard Bank has no clue what the problem is or how to solve it......I have to pay my FNB current account then trasfer on FNB app to the credit card. 

Shame on you Standardbank. This question was asked 2 years ago and you still not reponded.

Dbowker
Occasional Contributor

The coordinators reposnse that you can set it up as a Direct payment is false.

Standardbanks paymetn system will not Accept a credit card account number as a payment account. it blocks it...

please advise how we pay FNB credit cards????

Dbowker
Occasional Contributor

Also tried to add as a payment to FNB using credit card number as account, Does not work. Only option is firstcard but this is confusing as firstcard is another company all together (not FNB).

Standard bank you need to solve this problem.....So many people complain and the bank is not solving the problem..... if it is firstcard that must be used, please change this to FNB Card so people have abetter understanding of which beneficiary to use??    

petermathebula
New Contributor
petermathebula
New Contributor

@Isitworthit wrote:

This is supposed to be "A one-stop forum for all your banking questions".

This thread has been going since December and still there is no valid response from Standard Bank.

Yet another example of failure to attend to customer problems,.

Come on, Standard Bank, with a little effort you could do so much better.

Why can’t we have a step-by-step instruction on how to add a credit card as a beneficiary?
If it doesn’t work, say so.  If it does, explain – for both the app and internet banking.

I won’t hold my breath. My expectations from banks and customer service departments are very low.

@Isitworthit wrote:

This thread has been going since December and still there is no valid response from Standard Bank.

Why can’t we have a step-by-step instruction on how to add a credit card as a beneficiary?
If it doesn’t work, say so.  If it does, explain – for both the app and internet banking.

I won’t hold my breath. My expectations from banks and customer service departments are very low.

@Isitworthit wrote:

Jacomina
New Contributor
Finally figured it out.
When you are adding the beneficiary you need to select the business option. Search for the following:
Firstcard Firstcard

Then give your fnb credit card number as their reference.
Works for for me. Takes a couple of days to reflect sometimes. Sceptic me did a small amount first offcourse....
Isitworthit

Lesedi93
Having the same error. Nothing works. Is it possible? Tried the cards as beneficiary, then the card number. Its doesn't work.

Someone from @StandardBank is it possible? If so how?
Jacomina
New Contributor
KevinNaidoo

Has anyone solved this as yet? Still an ongoing issue. It used to be possible to pay an FNB Credit Card from Standard Bank but this has changed it appears. I have an FNB Business Credit Card. 

MrsGain
Occasional Visitor

I am logged in to my internet banking profile and have been trying to add my FNB Credit Card as a beneficiary in order to make payment from my STD Bank Credit Card account. The error message that pops up is : Payment Type + Account Incompatable - Private 

The only option that pops up when you start typing in "first..."is FIRSTCARD FIRSTCARD - Is this the account that will transfer from my STD Bank CC to my FNB CC? 

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @siseko,

The best way to resolve this is to add your credit card details under beneficiaries on your Internet Banking. Note, because your account number is your card number the App will recognise this as an invalid account number. Once you have added your credit card details you should be able to transact via your app.

Let us know if you encounter any issues when adding your credit card as your beneficiary.

Regards,

Boitumelo