Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How do I get the prepaid electricity to work???

Solved
25 REPLIES 25
Suzette49
Occasional Visitor

I want to purchase electricity from ONTEC using Standard bank Please advise

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Farieda,

The best way to resolve this will be to forward us your transaction details if you didn't receive your voucher. You can send us your details here: [email protected] with your account details and contact. As soon as we receive this we will investigate further and feedback.

Let us know should you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Farieda
Frequent Visitor
Hi
I bought electricity at 00:30 this morning. It is now 06:30 and still did not receive and sms with my token voucher number. Bare in mind the deduction went through. This is not the first time this is happening and I'm starting to get annoyed.

Regards,
Farieda
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hi there,

Please be advised if the transaction was unsuccessful the money will be credited back to your account. Note this transaction will also reflect on your statement for reference, and should you have not received this voucher you can contact our support service with your transaction details on:  0860 238 837 for further assistance. Thank you.

Regards,

Kobus9476
Occasional Visitor

Hi Guys

I bought R300 on the mobile app. However I received the sms for the bank deduction but electricity voucher.

Checked , it gone of the bank but no voucher. Gone and bought from Checker and according to the voucher I paid for the higher tariff

How now??

Kobus

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

This is concerning. Please call 0860 238 837 for assistance on with this matter.

desireehapgoods
I have bought electricity at the atm. Usually it works but now it's been 2 days and still I have not received a code nor has my meter been updated or has they returned my money. What am I suppose to do now?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator
zhrbenjamin
What is the ussd code for buying electricity
pvbodenhausen
Visitor

Dear all

Standard Bank has proven not being able to solve the prepaid electricity problem and the community doubts that it will be resolved in the future. And definitely one has not to go all days to an ATM or point of sale to buy electricity. After decades of no development but empty promises in terms of NO prepaid electricity at Standard bank online the best opportunity is to change as soon as possible to another Bank. FNB is definitely doing very well with its tool to provide good and reliable electricity prepaid services and it is exactly the tool I need for banking if there is no ATM or point of sale available or if I am in the bush.

Menawhile I changed all my accounts to FNB because I hate getting no service these modern days.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

H Marion,

Please call the metering company with the reference number of the voucher for assistance with that.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

marion
Occasional Visitor

hi

I've also purchased a voucher for R300 which is worth it 289kwh it only loaded 4kwh. Then I purched another R300 worth only 127kwh??? which eventually did load. So R600 was deducted from my account but I never got the amount of electricity I paid for.

PLEASE ADVISE!!!

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi

We are currently experiencing an issue with the Cape Town area only. For any problems with other areas please call us on 0860 238 837 so that we may assist you further.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

dbraga
Occasional Visitor
Shocking service and communication from standard on the purchase of electricity in Cape Town for the last year....fix it or turn off the functionality standard bank...get with the times won't you!!!!!
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

This is concerning, can you please contact 0860 238 837 for assistance on this matter. 

michellefurlong

I have just bought R150 worth of electricity and the value has been taken from my account, I received a receipt but no code to load the electricity - please assist immediately as I would really like my money back and or the electricity - I live in Cape Town

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Bethesda,

I would like to apologise for all this confusion. We will notify you as soon as the matter has been settled with the municipality.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Bethesda
New Contributor

Hi

Thanks for your support and for informing me that the app is none functional within the Western Cape.

Im a loyal STD Bank client and have always accepted your approach to things but of late more and more reasons push me to consider moving as its emabarresing when other Banks have the same function and it works flawlessly for a longer period than you have had the function up.

I hope you guys are able to correct the issue at hand because just saying the app doesnt work in my area is a quick and fast way to put out the fire while still having the ember of the issue burning under the blanket.

Everyone should be very concerned when a big bank cant handle a simple app when they entire bank runs on applications which store you money electronically and calculate interest etc, imagine all your money disappears and your repsonse is "oh well because you in Western Cape sometimes the money just disappears"

the reason for the forums is for us to comunicate with you informing you of issues so you can target and correct not as a venting spot to have people voice the issues then you just blow it off.

and once again thanks for all your support

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Bethesda,

Unfortunately the service is not available in Cape Town. You can buy electricity using the ATM or USSD code.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Bethesda
New Contributor