Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How do I register for My Bills in order to pay Home Affairs?

15 REPLIES 15
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @KarienM.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Please note that the My Bills option is only available in internet banking.

Before proceeding to make payments, please ensure that you have completed the application on the home affairs website and that a reference number has been generated so that it will be filtered through.

Here's how:

• Click on Transact.
  • Under Pay, click My Bills.
  • Confirm the T's and C's by accepting
  • Search for DHA and subscribe before processing a payment.
  • Then process a payment.

We would appreciate it if you let us know if you managed to process the payment.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

KarienM

I am trying to pay mybills for DHA but there is no option on my banking app

Zeda1
Occasional Contributor
I figured it out and payed and now has a new problem as it seems I cannot book for canal walk and there seem to be a lot of other people having the same problem
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Zeda1.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We'd like to look into it and understand what could be the reason your payment is being declined.

For us to be able to, please email us a screen shot of the error message to [email protected] and your personal information.

We look forward to your email.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Zeda1
Occasional Contributor

I have done all the above steps and when I go to pay it still says the payment failed - i now tried 4 times - giving up really can this be so difficult?  

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @Samkie_66.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

ID and passport applications are processed on the home affairs website.

We only facilitate the payment process, and then you visit any of our participating branches for biometrics and collection.

Once the application has been initiated at dha.gov.za,.

You need to subscribe first before you can make payments to DHA.

Before proceeding to make payments, please ensure that you have completed the application on the home affairs website and that a reference number has been generated so that it will be filtered through.

Here's how:

• Click on Transact.
  • Under Pay, click My Bills.
  • Confirm the T's and C's by accepting
  • Search for DHA and subscribe before processing a payment.
  • Then process a payment.

After the payment has been completed, you need to go back to the government website to complete the application process, and the payment should filter through.

Please let us know if you still require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Standard Bank Team.

Samkie_66
New Contributor
On the 29/11/2023 I pay R140.00 on mybills for home affairs biometrics. Payment Ref number is 1002488734 and is marked- bank acknowledgement received
I want to know if the money was allocated fully and completed as I did not get confirmation
Thank you
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @mellissa1982, the My Bills option is found on Internet banking. Please log in to Internet banking with your email address and password to process payments.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @zaakira. the direct link to the website is onlinebanking.standardbank.co.za. An email address, card number, email address and password will be will be required to register for digital banking.

mellissa1982

I need to add Home Affairs urgently. I tried all options and still cant even access the site after logging in. Why is this option not available on the app or is it hidden somewhere. Please help

zaakira

Can someone please give us the link to the old site

jennykatz
Occasional Visitor

I cannot believe that it is so complicated to make a payment to Home Affairs.   I feel like throwing my computer against the wall!!  Maybe it is better to stand in a long queue at home affairs as this is so bloody frustrating :(

Jes140

I finally succeeded to add 'My Bills' and got an appointment at Canal Walk on the eHomeAffairs website almost immediately after payment. Hope this method works for you (it took me more than an hour to get this to work)

1) I am assuming you've already registered on the eHomeAffairs website and entered your banking details.

2) Sign in to Standard Bank (https://experience.standardbank.co.za/#/login) with your email, password and OTP

3) Go to 'My Personal Dashboard' in the top right-hand corner.

4) Ensure you are activated for internet banking. It will have a green tick mark with the word 'active'.

If not, follow the prompts. 

You will also have to create a Customer Selected Pin (CSP) and new password (i used a different one from what I used to log in originally). 

5) By this time (oddly) your original login page has 'logged out'. Log in again with your email, original password and OTP

6) Click on 'Switch to old site' and just select any reason why you want to go to the old site.

7) Sometimes the site takes FOREVER to load, be patient and try every 30 minutes or so until you get to the old site.

8) Enter your Card number, CSP and new password

9) Go to Payments.

10) Select My Bills

11) Add Home Affairs and accept all the agreement terms

12) Go back to Payments/ My Bills/ Select Home Affairs/ Follow payment prompts and confirm payment

13) Wait 10 minutes or so.

12) Log on to the eHomeAffairs website again and make your booking.

jleroux07
Visitor

Is this not availalble on the app?

@busisiwe23bm wrote:

Hi Carlawilliams3,

The MyBills feature is available on the old internet banking site. If you have a profile there, please use that platform to make a payment.

busisiwe23bm
Contributor

Hi Carlawilliams3,

The MyBills feature is available on the old internet banking site. If you have a profile there, please use that platform to make a payment.

carlawilliams3
I need to pay Home Affairs for the re-issue of an ID but don't know how to register for My Bills in order to pay them.