Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How does one use the QR code scan on the SB app?

4 REPLIES 4
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @HansRootman.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Kindly note that the QR icon is available on the app before you log in. Bottom left. After you scan the QR, it then asks for your password.

It is used for logging onto internet banking or processing an instant payment that a friend or family member could have requested from their standard bank mobile app.

We hope this information helps, and please let us know if you would like us to share more about internet banking login using a QR code or instant payment.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

HansRootman
New Contributor
HansRootman
New Contributor

I also cant find the #$@$^$& OR code scan icon or button or whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkTheNark

If I understand correctly the QR icon is available on the app before you log in. Bottom left. After you scanned the QR it then asks for your password.

Comm10556
New Contributor
Im not sure if I'm missing something here. Everytime I try to pay for online purchases I'm sent a QR code to scan on the SB app to complete the payment.

The problem is the QR scanner on the app does not give you any icon to click on to initiate scanning.

Is there anyone who knows how it should be done?