Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Immediate payment option not showing on app or website

10 REPLIES 10
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @L4.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

If you have any recommendations, please email us at [email protected].

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

L4
New Contributor
Rn= right now not run🧎🏿‍♀️ it was autocorrect! But still! Please fix this, it doesn’t make any sense
L4
New Contributor
This is a terrible concept! My brother is having an emergency run @ 3:18 am. He uses ABSA! I should be able to send him immediate payments at any time of the day ! Please fix this. It’s very annoying! I saw it’s to limit fraud but aren’t there any other ways? Please fix this and fast. Because this isn’t cute!
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi, @MDD.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Although immediate payment has a time limit, other payment processing methods are available around the clock.

The most successful one is instant money; you may learn more about how it works on our website and convert it to an instant money wallet.

If you have any recommendations, please email us at [email protected].

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

MDD

This is just the silliest scripted autoreplied answer i  ever heard, All my other bank accounts allow this at any given day or time. As one of the other poster on this thread stated, What if its an emergency? what then "oh sory we did make a transfer but you can expect it in 24hours but hey its the thought that counts just tough it out"
, isnt this why the app is there to confirm its you making the transaction, its our money if we want to pay someone regardless of the time or day then we want to pay. The logic is just questionable. From other banks i can almost go as far as buy a house from an app and get an responce within minutes.

Immediate payment option not showing on my mobile app
Danievv840100
I don’t understand why my bank prevents me from doing immediate payments at certain times, why have the option for immediate payments at all. Half of the times these payments are in a case of urgency and emergency,Hence “immediate “ but now my family members can only have a crisis from 6am to 21:50 . Please advise why this was changed ????????
Guytee
I'm also experiencing the same problem. I can't see the option of an immediate payment on the app. There option that appears is "schedule payment." I was trying to make an immediate payment at 07h00.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Minenhle26.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

Kindly note the below:

• Cutoff times: You must make your payment between 6 a.m. and 21 h. 50 on any given day in order for it to be completed using Immediate Payment.

Please specify the moment that you attempted to process an immediate payment.

Regards

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Minenhle26
What to do? The immediate payment option does not appear on my Standard bank App???
RenJ81
Occasional Visitor

Hi there,

The immedate payment option is not showing on my app this morning, and its not available on the Standard Bank online website either. I see there are a number of other people who are experiencing the same issue. Please assist.