Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Latest balance vs available balance

3 REPLIES 3
Tinashe4
Occasional Visitor
I’m on a stud achiever account and my latest and available balance is a significant difference. How do I fix this. It’s been like this since I got this card ?
Yusriek
New Contributor
Is there any way to find out what the outstanding transaction. Sanctions are? Its only been like this since the update and I don't have outstanding transactions fo more than 2 or days
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Yusriek,

Please be advised that the Available Balance is the amount of money in the account that can be spent. It takes into account all transactions effected on the account (Debits and Credits), on the other hand, the Latest Balance displays the balance of an account but excludes any unbanked/uncleared transactions. For example merchants haven’t yet banked point of sale transactions or where deposits haven’t yet cleared (like cheques). The purpose of the difference is exactly the point to show that there are possible transactions in play that affects your balance.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Yusriek
New Contributor
Why does my cheque account now show an available and latest balance that is different to each other. There shouldn't be any unavailable funds in my account