Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Linking cards to app

Solved
19 REPLIES 19
Ross92
Occasional Visitor

Hi I have tried the steps provided but it still says link card when I open the app

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Wynand,

I am not sure I understand your query. For Standard Bank to Standard Bank transfers it can take up to 24hrs for the funds to be available. For Standard Bank to another bank it can take up to 3 business days to reflect.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

wynand
Visitor
How long before payment is availible? How too send money instantly availible
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi, 

You need to link both accounts on the App. Please click on the link provided to see how you can do this: http://bit.ly/1PpGHf4

karaboseabelo
I have two cards a debit and a cheque card,how do I make them work on one device
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Casper

The issue has been resolved last night and you should be able to amend your name back to what it was before without experiencing any issues.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

Casper
Occasional Visitor

Poorly written software, how can the bank dictate how pple should name their devices?

i've been using a naming convention for all my devices and for years had no problems what so ever - until now...

The new SB app is just not good enough!

StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

On your mobile device please :

STEP 1: Go to settings on your iOS device

Step 2: Once in Settings select “General”

Step 3: Once in General please select “About”

Step 4: Select “Name”

Step 5: Remove any special characters (anything other than letters) and select done

Step 6: Re-open your App and continue banking if possible

AmandaK
New Contributor

I didnt need to remove any special letters - just retyped in the phone name and then app worked again! Very weird though.

leightonsutton
Occasional Visitor
Had to remove an apostrophe from my phone name to get it to work - pretty poor coding Standard Bank!
codenameyash
New Contributor
The new version is still buggy, Savings account doesn't show up after "said" fix. It replies with unable to retrieve information, please refresh. When refresh is clicked, the value shows up for 250ms or so and then disappears with previous error message!
codenameyash
New Contributor
Why should we remove special characters from a device name? What reasoning is behind this? You shouldn't dictate what we have as the name!
StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi

Please review the below in order to correct this issue:

STEP 1: Go to settings on your iOS device

Step 2: Once in Settings select “General”

Step 3: Once in General please select “About”

Step 4: Select “Name”

Step 5: Remove any special characters (anything other than letters) and select done

Step 6: Re-open your App and continue banking if possible

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

kenwilk
Solution
New Contributor
Hi all spoke to support this am
Had to reset phone name for my iPhone 6 no special characters worked a charm ,all accounts back to normal
Went to iPhone /settings/general/about /phone name
Then sign in to banking app all good hope this helps
StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi, please forward the steps below to resolve this matter: Settings>General>About>Name>Remove special characters & select “done”. Test the app 

AmandaK
New Contributor

I have just downloaded the new app (after happily using the older version for ages) but  new one doesnt work. I have tried over and over to reload and link my cards but with out any luck  ??

tvmaredi
New Contributor
Same problem here. This started after the App upgrade. STD bank need to fix this bug ASAP.
waynelevine
New Contributor
I am having exactly the same problem - when u log into the app it takes you directly to a link new accounts page. You cannot exit this page. Whats the problem?
StandardBank
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi 

Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] so that we may assist you further.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank

terry_l
New Contributor
The app forces me to link a card before I start using the app. The only card I want to link is already on the system so it asks for another card to link. There is no other card to link so now I can't use the app.
Go to the solution >