Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Money sent to a virtual card that has been cancelled

8 REPLIES 8
Jinx2803

Hi

My virtual card was used for online shopping. Both orders were cancelled by the Merchant. In response to my email requesting my refunds- I received the following reply from them. 

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Fashion Nova customer care! 

After further investigation of your order, Fashion Nova could not verify the entered billing information provided. Your order has been canceled and any funds on hold will go back to the form of payment/account used. We can assure you that we have canceled the order and it can take up to 7 business days to appear on your account depending on your financial institution.

Please be sure to contact your financial institution to verify that your billing information matches what is on file with your bank. Once verified, please place your order with the correct billing information on our site at www.fashionnova.com.

I am aware now that the funds on hold have not and do not  go back into my VIRTUAL CARD and neither has it been refunded back into my original card. I am struggling to understand why this does not automatically happen and why it now becomes the customer's responsibility to follow up and do the necessary in order to have monies owing to them refunded into their account. 

Kindly advise and guide me through this ARDUOUS process of having my funds duly refunded. 

Precia
New Contributor
Did exactly that on the same day i received the form but still no assistance
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Precia.

Thank you for coming back.

An email has been sent with an SOD form. 

Please fill in the form and send it back to the banker for further assistance.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Precia.

You can share your email address here and it will be forwarded to you.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Precia
New Contributor
Hey there
I've encountered the same issue so where should i send through my email address?
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @KeganMari.

Please share your email address, you need to fill in a SOD for so our team can assist in reversing those funds. 

Kind regards,

Fana.

KeganMari
I am currently having the same issue and not sure what to do. Standard bank doesnt have answers and the payment can not be reversed.
JasonElrick
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I created a virual generic card and used it for some time.  I then cancelled it .

Ive created another virtual card, and am using it fine.

The problem I have is that an overseas payment was made (USD) into the old card number that was cancelled, and they are not able to cancel it from their side.

What happens to that money now?  Does it automatically get put into my current accout?  My new card?

Please advise, it is alot of money and Im really stressed.