Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Monthly EAP limit

Solved
48 REPLIES 48
Kwazie
Can you please increase my EAP limit
Vanrooyen
How to change EPA limit app dont allow say contact customer service
thandimolepo181
New Contributor
thandimolepo181
New Contributor
Stompie1
Visitor
Must I call the call centre
Tc0772446287
I need help to about the EAP
Amo
Occasional Visitor
How much is the monthly installment on an EAP of R20000 with an interest of 18% monthly payment.
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Zilungile,

Could I kindly ask that you forward us your digital email address registered for mobile and online banking, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "unable to amend EAP limit" so that our development team can have a look at the issue and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Zilungile
I've tried changing my Monthly EAP limit but I'm told it "can't be processed at the moment. Please wait 15 minutes before tying again". It's been saying this for the past 7 hours. Why is this?
Clifton
New Contributor

You would need to go into a branch to increase your EAP limit from 0. As far as I know, no specific documention is need, however take an ID document with you (Enquiries would ask you for the card number and pin). This usually applies for first time applicants. After this initial limit increase has been done at a branch, you will be able to manage/increase your limit in the app/online banking with the following steps:

- Login to Internet Banking

- Click "transact" on the homepage

- Tap on "change monthly payment limit"

- Click on the "change limit" tab

- Input "new limit" and "save"

KC1
Occasional Visitor
My 16 year old daughter is applying for her passport renewal as well as her first ID, which we intend to complete through a Standard Bank branch. She has set up an online banking profile using her own account as we seemingly cannot make the payment for her passport renewal on her behalf using internet banking. She is set up but her EAP limit is zero and internet banking won't allow her to adjust this, saying she must visit a branch. Could you please advise how to adjust her monthly EAP limit at a branch and what documentation we will require to do so? Many thanks
Constance
Sthe15
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

This is the 2nd time this year that I have to change my EAP Limit. It was 50000 in the morning now its back to 0. What triggered the change?

Mzukisi
Visitor
But not for extra or debit cards
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Good Morning,

The EAP limit feature can be used once you have activated your EAP limit via our contact centre or nearest branch. You can contact us here: 0860 123 000 to help you activate your EAP limit. Note once the feature is activated you will be able to adjust this feature on both your app and Internet Banking.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Clifton
New Contributor

Found it under settings > Cards > EAP Limits but still asks me to contact a branch to increase my EAP limit.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @BD,

Please be advised that you can change your EAP limit on the new Internet Banking provided that it has been activated at a branch or the call center (0860 123 000).  Kindly note that you have to be registered on Internet Banking, making use of the following link: https://experience.standardbank.co.za/#/login, in order to amend your limit. Please follow these steps when changing your limit on the new Internet Banking:

- Login to Internet Banking

- Tap on "change monthly payment limit"

Click on the "change limit" tab

- Input "new limit" and "save"

Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a confirmation text on your phone highlighting the amended limit.

Kindly let us know upon completion if this process was successful.

Regards,

Mandy

BD
Occasional Visitor

How to increase my EAP without having to call or go to the bank?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Frustrat3d,

Please be advised that you can change your EAP limit on Internet Banking provided that it has been activated at a branch or the call center (0860 123 000).  Kindly note that you have to be registered on Internet Banking, making use of the following link: https://experience.standardbank.co.za/#/login, in order to amend your limit. Please follow these steps when changing your limit on Internet Banking:

- Login to Internet Banking

- Tap on "change monthly payment limit"

Click on the "change limit" tab

- Input "new limit" and "save"

Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a confirmation text on your phone highlighting the amended limit.

Kindly let us know upon completion if this process was successful.

Regards,

Mandy

Frustrat3d
Occasional Visitor

Good day

How can I change my EAP without havoing to go to a branch? I live far from nearest Standard bank. Current EAP is 0 and need to use it. I get an error message saying I must go to my branch to increase it from 0???