Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Online banking sign-in

6 REPLIES 6
dicksonk
Regular Visitor
I found the scan QR code on the bottom right hand side of the sign in page on the mobile app. I clicked on it without signing in and then got the question to allow the app access to the camera. After clicking yes it automatically signed me in on the web
Derek999
New Contributor

Not necessary to go to branch, just register on the mobile app again.

Derek999
New Contributor
Go to the app on your mobile and sign in there first and give it permission to use the camera, then the QR scan icon will appear. Even if it used to work before, because the app has been updated you have to do it again.
ziwagummy
New Contributor

This is poorly communicated and documented by SB, you have to go to a branch and register your mobile device. Then when you logon to online banking, using a laptop or pc, a QR code will appear on entering your email address. Scan that QR code with your registered mobile device to logon the mobile app.  This is far too much trouble, and not sure why they enforce users to a 5-digit app code as an alternative, much less secure that a alphanumeric password, or longer numeric code e.g. 16 digits etc. This means I have to secure my device better.

Ldarby58
Regular Visitor
Where do I scan the QR code for the banking app Online Banking option
ziwagummy
New Contributor

Apparently when you enter your email into online banking, it should generate a QR code, which you can scan with your mobile device. Currently it does not. Have sent an email to appfeedback, awaiting response

Seanmaguire
Visitor
On the standard bank app I have 2 options. 1 for app sign in and then 1 for online banking sign-in. In the online banking sign-in it wants me to scan a QR code. My question is what QR code do I scan???