Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Payment to an incorrect account

11 REPLIES 11
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @NqobaNgidi.

Kindly note that EFT cannot be reversed on the mobile app.

To have your funds reversed, you will have to request an EFT payment recall. The process can take up to 10 working days. You can use the below link to download a recall form. Once filled in, you can email it back to [email protected].

https://www.businessonline.standardbank.co.za/static_file/Business%20Online/sa/Forms%20for%20profile... 

Please let me know if there's anything else that we can do to help

Kind Regards,

Standard Bank Team

NqobaNgidi

I made a payment to an incorrect account what should i do and which number to call?

Sh10
New Contributor
I made a wrong payment out of my account and would like to reverse please
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning @Ferozaangelbrow.

We appreciate you getting in touch with us.

For us to better assist, kindly tell us more about the type of a transaction you would like to reverse.

Is it a card purchase, online purchase or an EFT?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Fana.

Ferozaangelbrow
I would like to revert my payment for
30 may 2023
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @NUNIANEADAMS.

We appreciate you letting us know about this.

We are somehow startled. Did you make an EFT or did you put the money in an ATM?

EFTs and ATM deposits follow separate procedures.

You must go to your nearest bank with the account information and ask for reversals if the money was deposited through an ATM.

If you don't have access to those business accounts and this was an EFT, you must submit a statement of disagreement form.

If you have access to the disputed accounts, get in touch with the company banker and request help with reversals.

Additionally, we can put you in touch with a business banker.

Our email address is available for any help.

Additionally, we can put you in touch with a business banker.

If you need any help, our email is [email protected].

If you require any additional information, don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Warm regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

NUNIANEADAMS
New Contributor
I DID EMAIL [email protected] IM WAITING FOR THE STANDARDBANK TO REPLY
NUNIANEADAMS
New Contributor
NUNIANEADAMS
New Contributor
I DID DO A CASH DEPOSIT TO INCORRECT BUSSINESS BANK ACCOUNT,I WANT TO REVERSE FROM THE ONE BANK ACCOUNT TO THE PURE SAVE BANK ACCOUNT R90.05
annemeca
Occasional Visitor

Hi There 

Is there a way that i can manually reverse an incorrect EFT payment on my dashboard?

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @NonhlanhlaM3,

The best way to resolve this will be via our contact center or by visiting the nearest branch. Note, if the transfer was made to an existing account possibilities are that the receiver might have used the amount already. If this account its non existing we can assist you to reverse this amounts to your account.

You can contact us here for further assistance: 0860 123 000. 

Let me know should you still need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

NonhlanhlaM3
Occasional Visitor
Hi
I've made an incorrect account payment a few minutes ago using my phone bank app. The app does not give me an option to reverse. What should I do?