Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Payments processing time is absurd!!!!

Nicci2010
Occasional Visitor

I am so furious at Standard Banks policies and procedures its not even funny. I tried to make an immediate payment from my mobile banking app but received an error message that i must contact a certain number. The payment that i needed to make is exremely urgent and important but i had to settle for doing a normal eft. The receiving bank is Capitec- who are fast, efficient and extremely convenient- so i thought it might take a few hours to reflect as usual when making payments to Capitec from other bank. To my dismay, the person advised me today that they stil have not received the funds as yet and payment was done yesterday morning. Standard Bank now informs me that it takes 2 to 3 business days to reflect!!!!! ARE YOU INSANE???? what on earth are you holding money that long for???? Standard bank really should up thier game as they are the slowest bank out there.