Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Prepaid Electricity

10 REPLIES 10
Marietjie11
Occasional Visitor
Cant buy prepaid electricity, gives technical error? Can you fix this please its very irritating. I am running out of units!
Ruan_oos69
Occasional Visitor
I purchased prepaid electricity and I received a message that the purchase went through. I also got a message with a (no subject). Normally this shows the number for the electricity, but nothing is showing apart from the no subject.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello there,

Please note that if the transaction was unsuccessful and you didn't receive the SMS, the money will be credited into your account within 24 hours. If this matter is not resolved please contact us here for further assistance: [email protected] with your full query and account details.

Let me know should you still need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

MVil
New Contributor
I need the no to put on my meter
MVil
New Contributor
How can I get the token for meter you supposed to send
MVil
New Contributor
Where is my Sms with no
MVil
New Contributor
The money is already off on my acc
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello Nadine,

Kindly mail us your full query with screen shots of where you stuck while making this transaction. We would like to share this with our team to address your individual error message when purchasing electricity. You can use the subject line "Prepaid Electricity error/Community query"

Regards,

Boitumelo

Nadine1
New Contributor
But I see it is not just me that has the problem, there are other people that also complained about the same problem on standard bank community... do it is standard banks responsibility to sort the problem out for their clients... I just tried again to buy electricity but still gives an error message...
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Nadine1,

Please note that the feature is working perfectly on our side. There could be a technical issues with the municipality not responding to the request. When the request to purchase electricity via the app or cellphone banking is processed, we send the request in order for us to provide you with the electricity details. If the transaction was unsuccessful this will be a slow response with the service provider or either way.

Please feel free to query this with the service provider as the service is active and functional on our side.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Nadine1
New Contributor
I have not been able to purchase prepaid electricity on the app for 2 weeks... gives technical error