Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Proof of Payment

Solved
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Sly50,

Kindly be advised that you have the option to either, Download, Print or Save your proof of payment on the new Internet Banking site, making use of the following steps:

• Log on to the Internet Banking portal with your email address and password,
  • Select "Transact" at the top of your portal display,
  • Under the "History" dashboard, select "Proof of Payment",
  • Browse through your transactions and select the one that you need proof of,
  • Select "Proof of Payment" under the transaction, towards your right,
  • At the top right corner of your portal display, you'll have the option to download, print or save the proof of payment - select the option that you require.

Please let me know upon completion if this process has been helpful.

Regards,

Mandy

Sly50
Occasional Visitor

I am really frustrated that at this time, I still cant get proof of payment from the new IB and the old IB cant allow me to log on and is referring me to a number that does not ring. I am thing changing banks might help me. Loyalty does not pay in this case.

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @seno,

The best way to resolve this is via your Internet Banking. Note this feature is only available on the app while you processing the payment not after processing the payment.

Regards,

Boitumelo 

seno
Occasional Visitor

How can I get proof of payment for a previous transfer? 

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @DaleHes,

I can imagine your frustration on this. Please note that the notification option is available when you making the transaction on the new updated version of the app,  you will be able to share this when making the payment but once the payment is done you won't be able to share the notification. The part of sharing the notification after making this transaction is the part that is still in testing. 

Let me know if you need further assistance on how you can share the notification when making your on-line payment.

Regards,

Boitumelo

DaleHes
New Contributor
Wow...well done Standard Bank..
NOT! 'Final testing' after two years of being in its 'final stages' of development? This is a feature which I'm sure even a first year IT student could get up and running within a day!
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello Tester,

As advised this feature is currently undergoing final test and due for release which we will let you know the soonest we have the exact dates.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Tester
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I also have noticed this  and raised my complaint, this has still not been resolved.
I find it shocking that such a useful feature component has been removed.

It is that time of the month that users will be making the most payments.

Most of us are out of office and it is easier to do payments via the mobile App as opposed to logging on to desktop, so getting the proof via desktop is an inconvenience. 

At the end of the day, the mobile up is meant to make life much easier. Standard Bank needs to keep up with the fast paced life and be able to cater for more efficient features.

Please can this feature be re-implemented again.

Regards,

Tester.

Kevco
New Contributor
Stupid, stupid, stupid ommision on a banking website! Moronic even!
Kevco
New Contributor
I need to tell STD bank that not being able to print or easily share a proof of payment is the most stupid error in web design i have ever encountered! What did you get your website down by a backyard mechanic? FFS...Kevin Hofmeyr
DaleHes
New Contributor

I completely agree. Absolutely terrible from them and how can you say that "this feature is currently being developed?" when this has been the case for two years?? Just plain dishonesty, seriously considering moving banks and I wish there was some way to make everyone know how pathetic this is. 

Standard Bank, Proof of Payment is one of the most important and basic features you could possibly include. You'd think this was some sort of incredibly high-tech, pioneering process if it's taking two years to develop. So angry with you guys!!! 

JHawarden
New Contributor

Once you've downloaded a Statement do you send the whole history of your banking to a beneficiary?  Please Standard Bank, don't fob customers off.

JHawarden
New Contributor

It is PATHETIC that the app does not show proof of payment.   That should have been one of the first facilities provided.  It causes untold inconvenience not to be able to provide POP to beneficiaries.  Shame on you whoever designed this site and for pushing customers to change to it.

busisiwe23bm
Contributor

Hi Roandw,

The best option is for you to go back to the transaction and resend the proof of payment either to yourself or the recepient.

busisiwe23bm
Contributor

Hi Carolmgoza,

You can download the proof of payment yourself on the new internet banking site or go to the branch for assistance.

carolmgoza
Occasional Visitor
What if I don't have the old Internet Bank app? How else would I get to send proof of payment?
roandw
Occasional Visitor
Is it possible to see which email address a proof of payment was sent to?

I made a payment to a recipient and changed the email adress to my own. I did not receive an email proof after doing so.

I wonder if I misspelt my own email or cancelled my email or sent it to the recipient.

Can one track the email?
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Our customers are unable to get historic proof of payment on the banking app, but we are in the process of developing this into the app. The old internet banking website can be used to track previous payments and in some instances proof of these payments can be resent.

Regards,

Standard Bank

vpngema
New Contributor
2 years later what is the hold up, really guys you need to catch up with the other banks.
vpngema
New Contributor
Its now 2017 and we still waiting for this????