Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Proof of Payment

Solved
67 REPLIES 67
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Amod.

Thank you for getting in touch.

To download proof of payment, follow the steps below:

• Go to the home screen and select the account you made the payment from.
  • Select transactions from the menu at the top of the screen.
  • Select Load More Transactions to see more of your transactions.
  • Find and select the beneficiary payment you made from your list of transactions. (Your beneficiary payment will be shown as: IB payment to.)
  • Open the proof of payment menu options on the transaction details screen.
  • Select send or download.

Please let me know if this solution helps.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team.

Amod
How do I download proof of payment from banking app
Ronaldo1
Occasional Visitor
Hi how do i get proof of payment on my banking app.
Edo
Occasional Visitor
How do i get a proof of Payment
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @MAFC 

There's no cost involved when viewing or downloading proof of payment on your Internet Banking or Mobile Banking App.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

MAFC
Visitor
Good day
Is there any costs associated to downloading/viewing POP's via internet banking?
Many thanks
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Mashudu2,

Please be advised that currently you only have the option to either download, print or send proof of payment on the new Online Banking platform. The feature to download Proof of Payment on the mobile banking app forms part of current development plans, please be assured that customers will be notified once the feature has been enabled on the app. Kindly follow these steps to download, print or send proof of payment on the Online Banking Platform:

• Log on to the Internet Banking portal with your email address and password,
  • Select "Transact" at the top of your portal display,
  • Under the "History" dashboard, select "Proof of Payment",
  • Browse through your transactions and select the one that you need proof of,
  • Select "Proof of Payment" under the transaction, towards your right,
  • At the top right corner of your portal display, you'll have the option to download, print or save the proof of payment - select the option that you require.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Mashudu2
Occasional Visitor
How to get proof of payment
NDNzama14
New Contributor
Please help me for it
NDNzama14
New Contributor
NDNzama14
New Contributor
I need a proof of payment for previous deposit I like to send to someone who need it
nmudzengerere
Occasional Visitor

I wanted to check If there is a way of getting proof of payement beyond 180 days as I need a proof for a February 2018 payment .

Hope you can assist.

Regards

Janneneham
New Contributor
P.S Payfast will not accept a screenshot of the transaction and want a formal POP.
Janneneham
New Contributor
Has this been fixed yet?
I have tried via the App and the NEW Internet Banking Site and do far cannot find any option to retroactivrly create a pop.

Please tell me this has been fixed and where to do this?

Thanks, Jannene

dirk1

This system is like a bad joke.

I just made a payment to a supplier while in another town and had to send a POP for stock release. I made the payment using the mobile app and simply used the option to email them the proof of payment directly from the bank.

They did not accept this POP, and when I saw the POP for myself I could see why. It's basically a screenshot of the app payment confirmation.

There are NO reference numbers, NO standard bank letter head, it looks more like a screenshot than an actual POP.

I eventually managed to find the list of past transactions buried deep in the internet banking site (I had to find a laptop to do this, I couldn't do it from my phone).

This information should be readily available just a few taps away from the app's home screen. The POP sent during the payment step should be the PROPER proof of payment PDF with all relevant reference numbers.

I am now strongly considering moving to another bank that has a functional system.

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Lungile8,

Please be advised that currently you have the option to either download, print or send proof of payment on the new Online Banking. Kindly follow these steps to download, print or send proof of payment:

• Log on to the Internet Banking portal with your email address and password,
  • Select "Transact" at the top of your portal display,
  • Under the "History" dashboard, select "Proof of Payment",
  • Browse through your transactions and select the one that you need proof of,
  • Select "Proof of Payment" under the transaction, towards your right,
  • At the top right corner of your portal display, you'll have the option to download, print or save the proof of payment - select the option that you require.

Regards,

Mandy

Lungile8
New Contributor
I tellephonically paid an amount ofR800 to acc No. 245408017. I need proof of payment to be sent to email address: [email protected]
Lungile8
New Contributor
I tellephonically paid an amount ofR800 to acc No. 245408017. I need proof of payment to be sent to email address: [email protected]
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @TJ2,

Please be advised that you need to select "Proof of Payment" under the history folder in order to have sight of your transactions. Once your Transactions have been displayed, click on the particular transaction of which you need the proof of payment for. The option "Proof of Payment" should be displayed below the amount (towards the right of your portal display). Once the proof appears, you'll have the option to Download, Print or Send - at the top of your portal display.

Regards, 

Mandy

TJ2
Occasional Visitor
I'm currently on the new website and following the step you mentioning and I can safely says It does not work.it does not give you an option to dowload/save/print under the history dashboard ,You can only view the proof/statement.
Frustrating to say the least!