Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Reversal unknown debits

7 REPLIES 7
mpho616za
Visitor
what if is a R1500 and you dont it????
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello Nomaswazi9,

Login onto your app and go to 'More', Click on 'Manage Debit Orders'. It will request you input your ID number for security reasons. Please make sure your app has been updated. Otherwise, you won't be able to perform this on the App. You can only reverse Debit Orders under R200 on the App. 

Nomaswazi9
New Contributor
How do I reverse unknown debit orders
Dissatisfied
This is a lame excuse. Debit order reversals can be done over the app with fnb and capitec. Why not with you? It's been almost 4 years that I can do this with my capitec account.
Jeromefelicia10
Occasional Contributor
Okay Many Thanks Mandy
Jeromefelicia10
Occasional Contributor
Good Evening
My Name is Jerome Cyril Brown ID number 8511095154082
Ive had R90.00(Legal eye) R90.00 (Mediassist) And then my funeral policy which is fine then it took off R90.00 for (Resue) and R190.00 (Unitedrew )All these should be reversed as i dont know about them at all except my Funeral Policy
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Fanele12,

Please be advised that currently the feature to reverse debit orders is not available on the mobile banking app. Kindly note that a debit order can only be cancelled with the company that is debiting you. Banks do not have the authority to do so and this is the reason why contact must be made with the company debiting you to cancel the debit order. The Bank can however assist you with loading a stop payment for the debit order amount whilst you are in the process of cancelling the debit order. You may contact us on 0860 101 341 to request that an unauthorized debit order be reversed but this needs to be done within 45 days of the debit order date. 

Regards,

Mandy

Fanele12
Frequent Visitor

How can I reverse the unknown debit through my standard bank app?