Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Reversing payment

Solved
TsepeM
Visitor
I was told by telecon enquiry it’ll cost R300.00 to have it reversed. I was further told if the account is closed, which this one is after my enquiries, it’ll reverse into my account.
Ell
Can you please assist i made created a beneficiary to pay [email protected] on the 13 June 2019,till today it seems like no payment has been received and the branch name is Menlyn Standard bank
amount R1390 ..please help to reverse so that i can pay to another account they gave me.
Thank you
MusaJones10
Occasional Visitor
glanville
Established Member
they reverse it the same they took it back and told me 7working days in will be in my acc
AN1
Visitor

Thank you - can I do it on Monday?

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Jeana36,

If this is pertaining the electricity transaction, please forward us the full transaction details here: [email protected].

Let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Jeana36
Occasional Visitor
Can I reverse payment I made to kl bombi
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Daviesbm,

Could I kindly advise that you contact our customer care center on 0860 123 000 or forward your payment reference number, account details and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "Prepaid electricity" for in order for one of our consultants to look into this further.. Kindly note that you can obtain your reference number through proof of payment obtainable on the online banking site. Kindly follow these steps to obtain your proof of payment:

• Log on to the Internet Banking portal with your email address and password,
  • Select "Transact" at the top of your portal display,
  • Under the "History" dashboard, select "Proof of Payment",
  • Browse through your transactions and select the one that you need proof of,
  • Select "Proof of Payment" under the transaction, towards your right,
  • At the top right corner of your portal display, you'll have the option to download, print or save the proof of payment - select the option that you require.

Please be advised that the funds will be reversed should the transaction be declared unsuccessful.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Daviesbm
Visitor
Hi I bought electricity monies when thru but the reload number never came thru
ThobekaM
New Contributor
Which number do i contact u on
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Melanie28,

A debit order can only be cancelled with the company that is debiting you. Banks do not have the authority to do so and this is the reason why contact must be made with the company debiting you to cancel the debit order. The Bank can however assist you with loading a stop payment for the debit order amount whilst you are in the process of cancelling the debit order. You may contact us on 0860 101 341 to request that an unauthorized debit order be reversed but this needs to be done within 45 days of the debit order date. 

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Melanie28
Occasional Visitor
Hi can i reverse to debts that when off on my account online
Justin08
Occasional Visitor
Sounds legit
How do I get hold of the persons details of the Account I sent it too. ( the account holder) as I made it a personal ben transact
Kabelo8044
Eish im also want to do that
RCE
Occasional Visitor
IB Future dated payment reversal
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Mandito,

Please be advised that currently the feature to reverse debit orders on the Mobile Banking App hasn't been enabled. You will need to visit your nearest branch in order to be assisted with the reversal.

Regards,

Mandy

Mandito
Can i use this app to reverse debit orders?
Ryna
New Contributor
How do i reverse a payment made to a company
Ryna
New Contributor
How do i reverse a payment thats made to a company
denisealwyn
Occasional Visitor
Can you reverse the money to Naedo plaese and subtract the amount on the settled date