Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Reversing payment

18 REPLIES 18
Nicoblake007
My daughter Amber Blake closed her account, need to reverse payment to pay into another account please
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @ClaudelleF.

We are disappointed to hear that.

We need your aid with a chargeback form and our personnel.

If the money was an outstanding authorisation rather than a card transaction, it will slip off the system and be reversed back into your account.

There will be no SMS informing you that the funds have been reversed back into your account.

Should you consider reversing the money? Please provide your email address so that we may forward the dispute form to you.

We are eagerly awaiting your response.

Regards,
Team Standard Bank

ClaudelleF
Good day I made a purchase on the 23rd February at New home Furnishers. According to the salesman working there my payment didn't go through. But when I checked my banking application and the transactions I did go through. On the app it says outstanding card transaction. I did go the the branch at liberty midlands mall to sort this out. According to the consultant there it can't be reversed. The place where I bought must reverse on their side and also send through an email to standard bank canceling this transaction. This was done bt new home furnishers that Saturday on the 24th February. To date my money is still not reversed back into my account. This is unacceptable as I'm been back and forth between the bank and new home furnishers. My own bank is failing to assist me as it still says outstanding card transaction. I need my money to be back into my account.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Alija.

We appreciate you taking some time to reach out to us.

That is regarded as an EAP recall, and it is possible.

NB:
Fee R310
It’s not guaranteed.
There is a 10-business-day turnaround.

Kindly forward the form to [email protected] for our team to assist further.

If you decide to reverse the money, kindly provide your email address so we may send you the dispute form.

https://www.businessonline.standardbank.co.za/static_file/Business%20Online/sa/Forms%20for%20profile...

We hope the information provided above is useful.

Regards

Team Standard Bank

Alija
New Contributor
Please reverse this payment

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Newton.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Kindly send us an email to [email protected] for us to assist further.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Newton
I have completed the recall form on 26 October 2023. Receive confirmation that it was successful on 03 November 2023 from Tuso Langa. My reference number is QMRC231026001757. Standard Bank to Standard Bank takes 48 hours. It has now exceeded those hours and there is no money in my account. I need assistance urgently.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Afeeka.

We appreciate you taking some time to reach out to us.

That is regarded as an EAP recall, and it is possible.

NB:
Fee R310
It’s not guaranteed.
There is a 10-business-day turnaround.

Kindly forward the form to [email protected] for our team to assist further.

If you decide to reverse the money, kindly provide your email address so we may send you the dispute form.

https://www.businessonline.standardbank.co.za/static_file/Business%20Online/sa/Forms%20for%20profile...

We hope the information provided above is useful.

Regards

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Afeeka
New Contributor
I want to know how to reverse a payment
Afeeka
New Contributor
I want to reverse a payment I made to an acc of capitec
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @7293844.

Thank you for reaching out.

We have few ways in which you can get your ATM pin. 

• Option 1: Go to your homepage and click the manage link in the navigation to get started.
    choose cards
    You can see a list of all the cards you currently own in this mode (vertical view).
    You can choose the card for which you want to view the pin by doing so from here.
    When you are in the horizontal view, all of your active cards are shown to you in a carousel.
    To view the pin for a specific card, swipe through the available cards to find it, then choose Card Settings.
    When you are seeing your card details, choose the option to view the pin (at the bottom)
    Your South African ID number must be provided for security reasons.
    Non-residents must present their passports.

Option 2: Please call to use our telephone banking service. A member of our staff will help you with the ATM pin. Call 0861 201 000 and select Option 2 before 2.

Option 3: To get help with your ATM pin, head to the branch that's closest to you with your ID book. If your pin is blocked, our branch personnel will be able to help you reset it.

I hope this clarifies your query.

Best regards

Fana.

Team Standard Bank.

Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor
Reset my voucher number pin
Occasional Contributor
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Preline, how would you like us to assist you?

Preline
Nicnicnicole
Occasional Contributor
This is all good and well BUT please can you kindly assist me if I need to reverse a payment made by credit card made by swiping! My card was rejected last night at least 3 times and it stated that I had put the incorrect pin number in, so eventually I had to go and draw ACTUAL cash from an ATM, however this morning I have seen the amount has been taken off of my account!
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @VG24,

Please be advised that the bank regards the safety and security of our customers as crucial and has a zero tolerance approach to fraud of any nature.  Customers who notice an unauthorised debit order on their accounts are encouraged to contact their bank immediately to reverse the transaction. This can be done at a branch or through the call centre on 0860 123 000. There are no fees associated with this reversal as long as the transaction is reversed within 40 days of the transaction taking place. Customers who feel that they have been incorrectly debited or charged for a service that they did not subscribe to should also contact the company directly to stop any future debit orders. Customers are also encouraged to lay a criminal complaint with the South African Police Service. In turn, Standard Bank does report any suspicious transactions under strict regulatory guidelines to the relevant authorities.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

VG24
How to reverse a transaction/debit order