Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Scan qr code

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @Afrique.

We appreciate you alerting us about this.

Currently, Online banking logins require a QR code.

You can launch the app, click to scan a QR code, input your app code, use a fingerprint scan, or use facial recognition to access internet banking without having to enter your password.

To enable us to help, kindly let us know what kind of support you require.

Reards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Afrique
Occasional Visitor

I also dont see any "scan QR code" icon on the app - can Standard bank respond to this - seems pretty useless - do I have to switch banks to get decent service

WilliamSmith193
New Contributor

Can you please give me a little more information? What app are you using and where are you trying to find the QR code?

Tristan12
Occasional Visitor
I am having the same problem
LindiS
New Contributor
You can't. Confirmed with standard bank customer service. Ridiculous I know.
LindiS
New Contributor
Yeah but you need two devices to use this feature. What if you don't well guess what then you can't make the payment. Confirmed by the customer service. You registered on Digi me this activated the function but if your not on digital me they prevent you from doing other app functions. Standard bank did not think this through as I only have one device and now can't make payment on digital transfers.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @EM143.

Thank you for getting in touch.

This situation requires our attention.

I have asked the team to have a look into.

Are you able to choose other payment methods?

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

EM143
New Contributor
Scan qr code is causing inconvience for us as standard bank customers, if you are using phone how can i scan a code that is on the same phone. why not just use otp. may should consider other banks coz i cant make a crucial payment and consultant are not able to assist.
EM143
New Contributor
Scan qr code is causing inconvience for us as standard bank customers, if you are using phone how can i scan a code that is on the same phone. why not just use otp. may should consider other banks coz i cant make a crucial payment and consultant are not able to assist.
Ganeshek
I've tried to pay that way. It doesn't want to go through
paulkubheka
Occasional Visitor

This Scan qr code is causing inconvience for us as standard bank customers, if you are using phone how can i scan a code that is on the same phone. why not just use otp. may should consider other banks coz i cant make a crucial payment and consultant are not able to assist. 

MJ13
Occasional Visitor
Unfortunately, it seems so.
I have been trying to scan the code but I can't for whatever reason. I called standard bank but the consultants seem to not know their work. Now I have to visit my branch as I can't make payment. I've linked my device to my profile. I don't know what else to do. Such poor service. When I called, the consultant gave me a wrong email they have on their system. Hence, my email are going to the wrong person and my personal information is at risk.
Ilana10
Community Coordinator

Hello perplexed,

You need logins to log into the App.

perplexed

Hold on - so this means that if someone steals you phone and gets past the phone login they have complete access to your bank account? 

luxmore

1. Click your App icon

2. DO NOT SIGN IN!

3. Scan QR is on the bottom left of your screen!

@Bd1 wrote:

On the app wher is the qr code

SREDDY

This feature is aboslutely pathetic, unable to make payment through standard bank web page, it is asking Scan QR Code using ur phone App, and there is no QR scan scan option available.

Desmond15much
Occasional Visitor
I have an interesting scenario.

If i am doing an internet banking transaction on my iPad mini or iphone. In the browser and not on the standard bank app.

The prompt for OTP comes as a QR code. How do I scan it? If Im on the device that has the banking app. How do I scan what is already on the screen?

Please assist.
Unique_Username

The Scan QR code is not "inside" the app. Do not log in. Simply open the app and on the log in screen, in the bottom left corner, there should be a Scan QR code button. The button, helpfully, does not appear inside the app anywhere.

It seems Standard Bank have successfully locked most of their clients out of their own banking with this ill thought out securty option.

LA2021
New Contributor
Hi Mandy, the icon is not there. Please advise. I need to make an urgent payment
LA2021
New Contributor
I also can't see it.