Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Security Risk: Card Authentication Yes / No popup shows even when phone is locked

Solved
3 REPLIES 3
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Thank you for sharing this. Please send an email to [email protected]. Our team would have to look into it.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Jay88
New Contributor

The OTP option is not given. It just says didnt receive OTP but not anything else and it shows the popup on the screen. 

Regardless if there is an OTP function, the pop up showing on a Locked screen is a huge security risk, what if my purse gets stolen or my phone gets stolen and the pop allows them to authorise payments even though the phone is locked. 

FanaM1
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi @Jay88.

The payment method has been enhanced. You can now choose either you want you want to authenticate the payment using OTP method, or USSD. Every payment does ask you which method you prefer. You can always change it to your preferred method.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Jay88
New Contributor

When doing an online payment with debit/credit card. An OTP used to be smsed to my phone number before. 

This has changed to a pop up showing on my phone with a Yes or No option to confirm the online payment. 

Issue: when my phone is locked this popup still displays, this is a huge security risk 

Expected: When phone is locked NO popup should be displayed to authorise online payments. 

Go to the solution >