Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Standard Bank App not working

Solved
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Jackalobe.

Thank you for returning to us.

Our team will have to update your profile to reflect the cards you are now using before you can access your accounts once more.

For help, please call 0860 123 000 and select options 3 and 4.

Your feedback is greatly valued.

Best regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Jackalobe
New Contributor

Good afternoon. I've purchased a new phone and trying to log into the app, and it asks me for any card details linked to my account. I've tried two different card numbers without success. I just get an error saying the details dont match what you have on record.

FYI, it took 3 steps on Discovery Bank to get my app working using facial recognition and my ID number.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Jaydee2.

Thank you for reaching out.

This certainly sounds like a frustrating experience.

We would love to understand more about what went wrong.

Please tell us what issues you are experiencing with your mobile app.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Jaydee2
My app is unable to log in
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @SneM.

Please share your user ID/email address and your contact details.

I'd like to raise this with the team to have a look into it.

Regards,

Fana

Standard Bank Team.

SneM
New Contributor

I have been calling standard bank non stop and they cannot assist . we tried to reset the password after you enter Card pin it takes you back to " Something went wrong" tried a different phone still same issue.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @SneM.

Thank you for flagging this.

Please feel free to reach out to our digital team on 0860 123 000 option 3 then 4.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

SneM
New Contributor
Did your issue get resolved I am facing the same with my Redmi note 10
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @MCSwart.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing.

Please email us on [email protected] with a subject line "App defects".

Our team will be able to assist.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

MCSwart

I am really fedup struggling with the app!! I have been unable to get into the the app since July 2022!! My first email to Standard Bank was on 2022/07/21...

I am in China and I am using a Xiaomi 9 Pro. The app worked well till July. I did not install any new apps before or after the problem I did not install any new apps. I also did not install phone system updates as I was affraid my health codes (ito Covid-19) could perhaps not working anymore!! Then the Complaints Resolution Centre said I should do all the new system updates for my phone as well as to clear the cache of the phone. The person sent me step by step instructions that I should do... 

Well at last yesterday 2022/08/24, after our lockdown was lifted,  I did all the system updates. To make sure, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and then cleared the app's cache.... I had to give my username, password, card using for the internet, the pin for the card and then an OTP was sent..... before I could receive the OTP by email, the screen just flashed and then the same error message appeared on the screen!!!

It says "This service is currently unavailable. Please try again later, while we investigate" with "TRY AGAIN" button....

From 17:08 for 58 minutes I was on the phone with the Complaints Resolution Centre, first a lot of non relevant questions like if I have an Jet account in Namibia and if I have a bond account with FNB in Swaziland!!! Nevertheless he did not have an solution for me!! Said I should take my phone to a cell phone shop so that they can check what apps are on my phone!!! That I can do myself!! I asked don't they know from experience what is causing this problem? No only the system update and the cache.... Is there no test to run to see what is causing the problem??

He said I must use internetbanking.....   So why is there an app if you should use the internet - thus I must use my computer becase internetbanking on the phone is so small you cannot see anything!!

Does anybody experience this same problem?

What did you do to fix it?

(As it seems as if Standard Bank is unable to fix their own app!!! It is really frustrating to be in another country and you cannot access your bank in South Africa!!!)

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi mates.

Thank you for flagging this.

Please feel free to reach out to our digital team on 0860 123 000 option 3 then 4.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

MalemelaLazarus
Standard bank app keeps taking m to home screen
Appalsr
I am also have the same problem. Is is so frustrating.
andre21
App stopped working and now it does not allow me to log in
Bazzmanpta
New Contributor
Cinda007
After updating my app, it keeps on kicking me out as soon as I put my fingerprint to log in
Can anyone help me with this problem please.

Thank you

Schalkie
I,m trying to log in My Standard bank account,but it brings me back to the homescreen.
MrZee
Everytime i open my app it tells me something went wrong and does nothing....i really want to use my app. Seriously.
Cocie
When I try to login it doesn't want to go through
Alshaandre
I can't log into my app it's not using my email address