Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Standard Bank App not working

Solved
50 REPLIES 50
Mashoni
New Contributor
My email address say I must change its
Alisonstrauss
I need help sogning in to my accountttt. I forfot my username and password
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon 1207langa. 

We appreciate you contacting us.

You won't be able to access your accounts until our team has updated your profile to reflect the cards you are now using.

It appears that you are attempting to change your password using a card that was not used when you first registered.

To change your information, call 0860 123 000 and press 3 or 4.

Your feedback is greatly valued.

Best regards

Standard Bank Team

1207langa
Occasional Contributor
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, community member.

Thank you for contacting us.

It appears that your browser is still displaying outdated information. To remedy this, please delete your browser's history and cache before relaunching it.

If this does not resolve the issue, please contact us at [email protected] for assistance.

We hope this helps, and we look forward to hearing from you if it doesn't.

Regards,

Team Standard Bank

When I'm registering it say page expired and I don't know why I'm new on this bank
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning @Melda2404.

For us to better assist, kindly tell us what issues you are experiencing with the mobile app.

You can tell us by sending an email to [email protected] or reaching out to our digital team at 0860 123 000, options 3 and 4.

We would like to get you back into banking.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bnak Team

Melda2404
New Contributor
Hi there, was this resolved and what was the issue as I'm having same problem.
Nozuko3
I would like to access my online banking. It refuses to take my online banking
Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi @ledwaba11 

Thank you for contacting us,

Please select the Have You Forgotten your Password link on the app. Enter the following details:

1. Your Standard Bank card number
  2. Your ATM PIN associated with the card
  3. Your ID/passport number
  4. Your cellphone number
  5. The one-time password (OTP) sent to your cellphone number.
  6. On the next screen, create a new password for your Standard Bank ID.

Note: The app will know which set of credentials to ask for and you will be required to supply information which we have on record in order for us to verify who you are. If you validate incorrectly, you will not be able to reset your password. In this event you will have to go to a branch to verify or update your information. Only then will you be able to reset your password.

We hope this is useful.

Kind regards,

Boipelo.

Standard Bank Team

Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hello @Phelelani3 

Thank you for reaching out to us,

You would need to delink the your profile from your old device and link your profile to your new phone. 

You won't be able to access your accounts until our team has updated your profile to the new device you are now using.

To change your information, phone 0860 123 000 and press 3 or 4.

Kind regards,

Boipelo.

Standard Bank Team

ledwaba11
Occasional Visitor
my app is not working even when i login it says invalid credential
Your international phone numbers are not working. I need to ask for a new card. Please give an international number that works
Phelelani3
Morning I'm having a problem when I want to use the app on my new phone whenever I enter card number it's says that card is used on other phone n I already deleted the app on my other phone. Plz assist
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @Ronno..

We appreciate you alerting us about this.

To pay for your bookings made through MyBills, you must use Internet banking.

You must enter the card you used to register in order to access your mobile app.

Call our digital team at 0860 123 000, option 3, then option 4, to change your profile if you no longer possess the card.

We are sorry to learn that making reservations is giving you trouble.

Booking assistance is solely available from Home Affairs; we simply handle payments.

If our digital team was able to help you, kindly let us know.

Sincere regards,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Ronno

I live overseas and cannot come to a branch,   I recently purchased a new phone and the Standard bank app prompted me for my card number and password as part of the registering process.   I looked this up on my old phone but the card number and password do not work & not the card is locked.   I also tried logging on the internet and got the same problem there.  .   How can I fix this issue?  The only way I can do my banking now is on my old phone

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Ak12.

I appreciate you talking more about this widespread problem.

When someone wishes to reset their password, a problem arises. Using the card you used to register is the only way to achieve it.

If the card is lost, you must contact our team to update your profile to the one being used right now.

whether you can still recall the password. The card can be added as a new dashboard while you are still logged in.

Beneficiaries and unlinked accounts will be the problem.

Because of this, it is necessary for our team to update the profile to make sure that beneficiaries and accounts are connected to the new card.

With respects

Fana.

Team Standard Bank.

Ak12
The Answer here , is to register with a card that is registered actually on your previous app

Sometimes we get a new card cos we lost the previous , but we didn't log the new card on the app. So that's why it's doesn't work

So Do use a card that is actually registered with the app

You can check on your previous app or online banking. Under your accounts. Choose the cards tab and see what card is registered with the app and use that card number
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Jackalobe.

We appreciate you contacting us.

You won't be able to access your accounts until our team has updated your profile to reflect the cards you are now using.

It appears that you are attempting to change your password using a card that was not used when you first registered.

To change your information, phone 0860 123 000 and press 3 or 4.

Your feedback is greatly valued.

Best regards

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.