Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Tap and Go no longer available

8 REPLIES 8
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @WM69.

We have temporarily disabled the tap to pay function on our app while it undergoes maintenance.

You can still use Apple, Samsung, Garmin, or Fitbit pay as alternatives in the meantime.

Please let me know if these solutions help.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

WM69
Shocking - quietly disabling a function without bothering to tell customers. Putting customers in embarassing situations. What kind of service is this?
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello there.

We have temporarily disabled the tap to pay function on our app while it undergoes maintenance.

You can still use Apple, Samsung, Garmin, or Fitbit pay as alternatives in the meantime.

Please let me know if these solutions help.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Nyathi2
Okay, fine! You didn't notify us about taking down the tap and pay function and we've made fools of ourselves trying to find it and creating long queues at tills. When will it be back??
Zaayid1
New Contributor
Agreed, at the very Standard Bank should let their clients now when functionality is removed. At the very least send out an email.
wackeyza
It would be very well received if the Standard Bank would kindly notify their clients when changes are made to their app. WE ARE YOU CLIENTS!!
Get your act together! Disgraceful.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi there.

Thank you for reaching out.

You can still use Apple, Samsung, Garmin or Fitbit pay as alternatives in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

Trompiehay
Also want to know whats going on
Zaayid1
New Contributor
My app no longer has the Tap and Go feature at the bottom of the sign in page. Can anyone advise? I have updated to the latest version and still nothing. I've checked and Tap and Go is activated for both my cards.