Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Technical Error 2008

3 REPLIES 3
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Renate_van_zyl.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We can only image what a hassle this must have been.

We would like to look into the matter as we have seen that you were not treated nicely by our branch team.

Kindly send an email to [email protected] with the name of the branch you visited and your personal details.

We eagerly await your email so that we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Team Standard Bank

Renate_van_zyl

I am just as frustrated. picked up an error 2008 on Thursday 15th November 2023 - My cards were just blocked without any communication as to Why until I phoned in to be told my cards are old/irrelevant and cannot be used and i must go into the branch to show my ID after a 2 and a half hour wait, I was told nothing is wrong with my cards but was 'Rekad' or 'Popid' with my ID. Had all my documentation with me but nothing was asked for. Now, it is the 21st 6 DAYS LATER, Cheque card declined, and I had to use my Credit Card to put in petrol and for all transactions on which I will now have to be paying extra charges. On calling Standard bank again, I was told to go in again cause they want my proof of residence etc etc. Why didnt they take my documention the 1st time. Now I was requested to take in a whole lot of other documention and questioned which really made me feel like a criminal. I was promised when i send all documentation yesterday MORNING 20th that my account will be opened immediately. It is now almost 24 hourts later and My account is STILL BLOCKED. My accounts are all due on 20th of month and now i am stuck. I am appalled at the no-care attitued and pillar to post treatment of someone my age that has trusted Standard Bank with handling my money since i started working 49 years ago. C'mon Standard Bank, up your game. It is time now for me to move on. Also, want to close my credit card but get told go in to the bank to do that - when i get to the bank, they say i can only do it telephonically. SO WHICH ONE IS IT????

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Sam11.

The error code refers to a branch block. Please visit your nearest branch with your ID book/ card for assistance.

Kind regards.

Fana.

Sam11
Occasional Visitor
Just started using this account, now I'm locked out because of this fault, can't even use the card or transfer funds. Called the call Centre, they gave me a number for collections but l dont owe Standard bank anything, awful service, not to mention it took me the whole day to get through to digital banking, please assist in unlocking my account so l can withdraw and close the account, beyond poor service, negative stars.