Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Technical exception logging onto mobile app

4 REPLIES 4
Gee19
Occasional Visitor

I am experiencing the same problem.

Did you ever find the solution?

JM77
New Contributor
Thanks for following up on this issue. I have done some more testing and can confirm the following;

- OTP sent to my UK mobile number fail
- OTP sent to my email work

If I delete the app off my phone, re-install it the OTP is sent via email and allows me to login successfully. As soon as I've logged off, OTP's are sent to my mobile number and the issue persists.

When the login fails, if I click resend I get an error saying that the cellphone number does not match your records and I need to go into a branch to change this. I then see an error stating that the validation was interrupted.

Would appreciate this being resolved - thanks very much!
ryankrull
VIP
Hi JM77. I am from the development team that works on the OTP mechanism in the app. I can see from our log that are are still having this issue. We are busy looking into this and I'll let you know what we find.
JM77
New Contributor

I have done some more testing and it appears to be the OTP's sent to my UK mobile number that don't work.

If I delete the app, reinstall it I can logon with the OTP sent to my email address, but then as soon as I log off and on again a OTP is sent to my iPhone which does not work.

JM77
New Contributor

Shortly after updating the mobile app on an iPhone, I am unable to logon. This worked initially, but now fails.

When launching the app, I am prompted for a one-time password, receive the OTP successfully, but once it is entered I get a "technical exception" error.

If I click re-send, I see a message saying "The cellphone number you provided does not match what we have on your file. For security reasons we cannot allow you to continue until you have updated your information at your branch"

Why has this suddenly stopped working and who has changed my details? I live in the UK, so can't just pop into a branch ... although ironically, I work for a Bank that is 40% owned by Standard Bank Group!

Has anyone else had this issue and how have you resolved this? I have logged a support call with Standard Bank, but am also looking for additional support to resolve this sooner.

Kind Regards.