Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

This issue persists all the time, I went to the branch it was removed, one week later it happened ,

1 REPLY 1
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @BrianDhlamini, this sounds rather concerning. Please dial 0800 222 050 so they able to assist you with your card. You can also use a virtual card instead of your actual cards. It'll allow you to process online purchases. The virtual card can be opened on the banking app. You can also send an email to [email protected] for further engagement and assistance.

BrianDhlamini
This issue persists all the time, I went to the branch it was removed, one week later it happened , I called the fraud line who managed to help me, and guess what it’s back again!! I can’t do this anymore!! we ask standard bank to please rather call the customer first than just blocking our cards unnecessarily!! I have never had this kind of issue with FNB, With standard bank I think I’m so close to taking all my money and only use FNB.. I AM NOT A HAPPY CLIENT OF STANDARD BANK!! It’s Like we don’t have the right to use our money whenever we want or however we want!! Problems after Problems !! They start by sending an sms to say fraud activities might be happening on your account (and it will be actually the owner making payments for example buying electricity or airtime they call it fraud activities depending with time you are buying**), the next thing your card is blocked!! You can be stuck on the road, or payments will stop at the moment you want to do the most important transactions!! No one cares, like now I’m stuck, it’s in the evening, and all call centres are closed!! I AM NOT HAPPY WITH STANDARD BANK, it’s my money in your account but I can’t use it at the time I want!! I have to call you first for permission!! What kind of a bank is this!! WHO DOES THAT TO THEIR OWN CLIENTS!! Bank charges goes out left right and Center but we can’t have access to our money because of these random blocks!! How many times do we have to visit the branch or call the call centres per month!!! PLEASE DO BETTER!!