Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

To keep your account safe we have removed your sign in method..

9 REPLIES 9
ShivaskarR

Hi Standard Bank team and customers

I experienced this issue on 28 December 2023 when trying to log in to make a payment to a beneficiary. 

Note the following: 

- You most probably cannot solve this issue on your own as this is something that Standard Bank are solely responsible for. 

- I opened my first bank account with Standard Bank in 2016 and received a card (We call this card Card A). When upgrading my account in around 2020, the old card associated with my first account was still active. I received a new card with my new account called Card B

- All that I do on my account is linked to Card A, despite this card not being with me, being expired, being old and being linked to the original account. This refers to any additional investment accounts linked on your standard bank profile. 

-  You will have to go into a branch and request for all information from Card A to be moved to Card B in order for all to be linked back to you and your account. 

- This should have been done by Standard Bank when we switch accounts, but seems like no one did that or no one advised us. 

- Nonetheless, the call centre was quite efficient and swift in identifying the problem and assisting me to log back into my account and advising me on the best way forward.  

Boipelo23
Community Coordinator

Hi @Justin10 

Thank you for contacting us

On the login screen for Single User, click on “Reset Password”. Found directly below the password input field. Enter the email address used to sign in with. Click on the “NEXT” button.

Check your emails that will confirm the reset. Once you have done so, you can enter your new login details.

We hope this was useful.

If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Kind regards,

Boipelo.

Standard Bank Team

Justin10
I have problems sign up into my Mobile banking app it says Reset sign in method
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @1982.

We appreciate you contacting us.

It sounds like a frustrating experience, for sure.

Our team will have to update your profile to reflect the cards you are now using before you can access your accounts once more.

For help, please call 0860 123 000 and select options 3 and 4.

Your feedback is greatly valued.

Best regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Occasional Visitor
The problem now is when i enter my bank card and pin they say details i have enter they have then in record.now i can't use my app.Sign
Mbaly64
Occasional Visitor
Im unable to log in keeps on saying user id incorrect called std bank they couldnt assist aswel. This is very frustrating
Ndiswa98
The problem now is when I enter my bank card number and pin they say the details I've enter they have then in record, now I can't use my app. Sigh
Cornevs
I've had the same issue some time last year and today again, where they ask you for your bank card number as well as your ATM pin.
At least we know Standard Bank is making prompt work of resolving this issue given the responses that they gave you on here.
Honestly getting tired of Standard Bank's poor customer service.
clivelang
New Contributor
clivelang
New Contributor

Hi,

In June there was a query from someone called Louise, asking about the subject line above.

Mandy was going to refer this back to the developers. Is there any progress on this?

It has happened to me twice. Once about a month ago and last night again 15/7/2019.

Last time I panicked to the extent that I cancelled my cards and had new ones issued. Last night I got back into my account by changing details via the web, rather than the app.

IS THIS GENUINE OR NOT?