Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

To keep your banking profile safe we removed your sign in method

1 REPLY 1
GrantWoodiwiss

Isn't it odd that Standard Bank has not replied to queries in their own community page. The comment before me was posted in January, and it is now September. If they can't be bothered to answer here, it shows a lack of care about their clients, and that maybe we should actually make the change to another bank.

With regard to my query, re-setting our mobile banking app with the request for both card number and atm pin at the same time looks dodgy to me, and I, for one, will not do this until they decide we are worth answering with a valid process, in line with their rules of never sharing this information, and that they would never ask for such. Standard Bank, please respond to our simple request, which, incidentally, has been happening since 2014 (a comment I saw while looking for answers to this query). One would expect this issue would have been resolved by now.

Nishaan
I have a new phone. I set up the banking app without a problem. A few days later I opened app and it shows me this message:

"To keep your banking profile safe we removed your sign in method."

It then asks for my card number and card pin. I am definitely not comfortable doing that. Why has standard bank removed my sign in method and how can I get my banking app back?