Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Transfer money abroad

4 REPLIES 4
Itai1987
Visitor
Did you find the answer as I can't do it also
malcolmp12
New Contributor
this is not helpfull, why can i not enter a BOP code but can only use the codes in the template?
malcolmp12
New Contributor

i wish to transfer using international transact in internet banking to transfer money from my account to my foreign investment account. it will not let me and i cannot enter the BOP code 512. it only offers a set of options that do not include BOP 512 which is the correct code for using my foreign investment allowance.

please assist.

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please follow the below steps to send money overseas: 

• From the home screen, select the transact icon the top right of the screen
  • Select ‘Pay’
  • Select ‘Pay a new Beneficiary’
  • Select ‘A beneficiary outside South Africa’
  • Accept the Terms & Conditions
  • Select ‘Get started’
  • Confirm that all your personal details are correct (if they are not, then select ‘These details are incorrect’ and visit your nearest Standard Bank Bureau de Change to update your personal details)

• Select ‘Confirm’
  • Complete the
    • Beneficiary personal details
    • Beneficiary bank details
    • BOP Code (your reason for payment)
    • Fee type option. Standard Bank as well as the beneficiary bank will charge fees for an international payment. If you select, I’ll pay for all the fees, then you will be charged fees by Standard Bank and then at a later date, the beneficiary bank will charge you a fee as well. If you select, “We’ll split the fees”, you will be charged Standard Bank’s fees and the beneficiary will pay for the Beneficiary bank fees.
    • References
  • Enter the amount that you want to send
  • Stipulate the amount you want to send in either Rand or foreign currency by switching the toggle on the left next to the amount field
  • Select ‘Agree’
  • Review the transaction summary screen and tap on ‘Confirm’
kobuspelser
Occasional Visitor

How do I use the app to transfer money overseas