Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Uber

20 REPLIES 20
Kieran1

Please enable the student achievers debit account to link with the uber app. Other banks and cards can link, why not this one. Please explain.

SHM

I have a standard bank titanium cheque card. When I try to pay for uber it says "poblem processing this charge try using another credit card or payment method". 

I checked your forum and saw that since early 2016 many people have been asking for the same issue and you failed to give a written solution instead you keep referring people to phone 086 012 3000. So instead of writing on this forumn I started by phoning this number. Sadly I held for more than 30 minutes and the consultant who finally answered could not resolve my problem. I phoned again and held for longer than 30min and a different consultant answered who also couldnt resolve the problem. Whats surprising is that all my friends with Standard Bnk Cheque cards are reporting the same fault when they try to pay for uber with Stnd bnk Cheque card. But when they try to pay with FNB Cheque card payment goes smooth.

Can you please give us a written solution instead of asking us to phone this 086 number which takes more than 30 min to answer.  I suggest for the sake of Stnd Bnk clients you try using your cheque card to register and make a small payment for uber and tell us if you succeed...your practical feedback after you tried will surely help many of your clients and save them lots of time of holding on for a consultant who also doesnt have a solution to the problem.

For you own info one of your consultant even advised me to terminate my card because he was suspecting fraud after seeing a debit of just of R13 at the time I was registering for uber! But the second consultant picked up that uber was testing th validity of my card so they took this money and quickly reversed it. Clearly your support team is not well trained with resolving uber queries yet uber is a very big company running payments of billions annually. Please please help us with awritten solution!

Thanking you in anticipation of your solution to this problem that has been reported on this forumn for more than a year now and not resolved!

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Adam,

Please call our self service banking help desk on 0860 238 837.

Adam
New Contributor

Please get your facts straight, I can register on Uber with any other bank.

I have spoken to the upper managment of your "Online shopping division" and they have said that its a problem with the IT department of STANDARD BANK.

Ive spoken with both parties and the problem lies with standard bank, and they have admitted it.

So can you please find out from the online shopping department and let me know?

Kind Regards

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Adam,

The issue is on the side of Uber, please contact them and they will assist on how to register your cheque or credit card.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Adam
New Contributor

It seems this problem has been going on for way to long.,

I am getting fed up, I havnt been able to register for a month. All standard bank tells me to do is try again tomorrow. and thats after being bounced around from one department to another. 

Further more I go into my bank to sort it out. and watch as the lady starts phoning and getting bounced between 1 department to another.

How long is this going to take to sort out?

I cant register with a cheque or credit card.

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi, please contact our international help desk on +2710 249 0051.

Athol
New Contributor

Is there an email address to contact Standard Bank for help with getting a credit card registered for the Uber app?  I am in Germany at present and cannot use the 0861 number.

tumisang

HI i'm also having difficulties with linking both my credit card and debit card.   

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Sabelo,

Please contact our help desk with your query about the plan of linking the student account to the app on 0860 123 000.

mzatisabelo
New Contributor
Isn't standard bank all about saving and trying to help you spend less on expenses?

The Uber app is a less expensive and safe way to travel around the city my question now is, is there a plan to link students account to the app or are you not even bothered.

Kind regards
Sabelo
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Mzatisabelo,

Unfortunately with the student achiever account you are unable to use the Uber service.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

mzatisabelo
New Contributor
Student achiever account .
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Sabelo,

What type of account do you have with us?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

mzatisabelo
New Contributor

Hi

As per Uber they accept debit cards but they say my bank is having trouble processing this card, please check with you bank and try again.

Kind regards

Sabelo

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Please contact Uber to find out what type of cards they accept.

kczvinx
New Contributor

im having a student access account

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Kczvinx,

What type of account do you have with us?

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

kczvinx
New Contributor

i and also other people i know, we are having the same problem

StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi

We would need you to contact us on 0861 201 000 so that we may review the issue and assist you further.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank