Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Victim of a Scam

1 REPLY 1
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @celine7,

Apologies on your experience. 

Please note that we will have to investigate this further with our fraud division and assist. Kindly inbox us with your full details and transaction date so that we can look further into this for you.

You can email us here: [email protected] for further assistance.

Regards,

Boitumelo

celine7
Visitor

I was selling in Canon camera online (OLX, Gumtree, Junkmail,etc.) and received a call on 14 February 2018 at 17:59 from a Peter Minius Linda whom wanted to purchase the camera for his son. He said he will do the transaction as soon as he can because he would like to send some one to collect it as soon as possible. The so called 'proof of payment' came through via SMS as well as Linda sending it via email along with his copy of ID. He said that the payment would reflect in the next 24 hours and it never did. A Mr A Monaheng in a Silver Kia Reg: FW84FLGP came to collect the camera from me at 19:05. I then contacted Peter Linda (072 459 1741) the following day to find out what is happening, he then said that there is something wrong with his account and is going to sort it out but in the mean time he will be sending my camera back via courier. I then had to contact the 'courier' and I was then told that I needed to pay an amount upfront to have the camera delivered, I then in desperate need to get my camera back, did a payment of R450 via Standard Bank Vouchers on the app to 072 671 2906. They never delivered the camera and the following day they stopped taking my calls.

how can I reverse that payment that I had done to the number 072 671 2906? Can I also track when and where the money was withdrawed?