Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Virtual Card declined by credit card company

3 REPLIES 3
HvH
Frequent Visitor

I want to pay may UNISA application fee of R115.

My card is declined, this is the message send to me:

"Dear Student An attempt to process your credit card payment to Unisa is hereby acknowledged. We regret to inform you that the payment has not been accepted by the bank. Please contact your bank or find an alternative method of payment. Yours faithfully Prof AP Phillips Acting Registrar"

JaleelClaasen

Hi Mandy

Is there another way for us to make purchases if this feature is not active yet? I have also been having trouble to make any purchases on Steam. I only have an access account debit card at the moment and was told I am not able to use this specific card for online purchases, what other options do I have?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @TKz,

Please be advised that currently a virtual card can only be used for domestic transactions. International transactions have not been enabled yet. The support team has confirmed that the feature for international transfers is in testing and is expected to go live soon. Please rest assured that all customers will be notified upon availability of this feature.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

TKz

Tried to purchase a game off steam with the virtual card and got an error message saying the above? Created card easily enough, topped up credit, double checked all numbers, doesn't work. Is there a waiting period before the virtual card becomes active?