Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

What are the cut off times for EFT's

Solved
26 REPLIES 26
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Muhtafal71.

We appreciate you getting in touch.

Standard Bank to Standard Bank EFTs take 0–24 hours to process.

EFTs to other banks take 2–3 working days.

Both may be delayed when processed over the weekend or on a public holiday.

Let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team

Muhtafal71
Occasional Visitor

I made a once off payment yesterday afternoon to another account. Unfortunately I forgot to make it an immediate one, how long does it take to reflect in account. Surely it cannot be 24 hours if its another Standard Bank account?

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @Lucky083.

Thank you for reaching out. 

EFTs from Standard Bank to Standard Bank take 0–24 hours. 

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team

Lucky083
I made a deposit from STD Bank to African Bank on the 15 the of December of which it was a holiday. And it hasn't reflect yet. How long should I wait and when should I get worried?
juliana457

Thank you for the information about getaway shootout. I will keep this in mind.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @Rooisuen.

Thank you for reaching out. 

EFTs from Standard Bank to Standard Bank take 0–24 hours. 

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team

Rooisuen
Why from standard bank to other banks it's taking 3 days if u transfer from African Bank normal transfer it reflects after 6 hours someone send me money from standard bank access account money yesterday at 4 in the morning. Still no money in my account
Vido1
Occasional Visitor
And if an EFT is done after 7 pm from one standard bank account to another standard bank account?
MBS_123
Occasional Visitor

My mother made a payment to me at 7:30PM last night (Standard Bank to Standard Bank).  On my side, it is showing in the balance on my account, but not yet available.  When can I expect it to become available by?

Abdulali
Occasional Visitor
Hi Good Day how are you doing i needed to know how much you charge to send to R28000 on express payment
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Curious,

Please be advised that electronic transfers from other banks to Standard Bank may take two to three business days to reflect on the beneficiary statement, while transfers between Standard Bank accounts generally take a maximum of 24 hours to clear. For more clarity on this, kindly visit: http://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Internet-banking/EFT-clearance-time/ta-p/523.

Regards,

Mandy

Curious

An EFT payment was made on friday from another bank, when will the funds reflect in my account?  Investec bank received funds on Saturday.

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @DiddlyD,

You are correct. Please note that from your Standard Bank account to other institute it will take anything between 24hrs to 72hrs(up to three working days). Here is an article about EFT clearance time: http://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Internet-banking/EFT-clearance-time/ta-p/523

Let me know if this was beneficial and helpful.

Regards,

Boitumelo

DiddlyD
Depends on the institution and method of deposit and how long you have had an account. Varries by bank institution.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hi Kim,

The funds will take anything between 24hrs to 72hrs (up to three working days to reflect on your account). 

Regards,

Boitumelo

kim3
Occasional Visitor

When will i receive funds from an absa account to standard bank done via eft

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hi 8vp4mr,

Please note that it will take 2-3 working days for the money to reflect, unless if this was an immediate clearence. You will receive a notification from the Bank that money of such amount was transfered to that specific account as proof of transaction.  

8vp4mr
An EFT was done on 10th May 2017 from standard bank (mums acc) to FNB(my acc) and to date I have nother received the funds, I went into the branch and everyone says wait, I just want to know if the transaction was successful
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi, unfortunately, it takes 2-3 working days for the money to reflect in your account. To make this process fast, the sender will have to visit their nearest branch to request an immediate cleareance of funds.

Marco187

Hi Guys 

One of my clients paid into my FNB account from his SB Business account at 16:16 yesterday afternoon for goods delivered to him, when will this payment reflect ? 

If the answers it that copy and paste 2-3 business days answer, please let me know if it is possible to get this payment cleared earlier like now ! 

I need this payment to buy stock and deliver to another client so my whole business is now on hold because of SB  

BTW I was forced to close my SB Business for this reason