Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

changing cell number

Solved
Kamo_magesh
New Contributor

Good day 

I have sent and email to the mentioned email address above and still have not recieved any reponse what so ever...

Can some please assist me, I've called the call center numerous time and they have failed to assist me aswell, what do i need to do to get some help.

Regards

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello Kamo, 

The best way to resolve this is to make sure that we confirm if the details correspond with your requested number for your OTP's. Please email us your account details and contact in question to: [email protected] for further assistance.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Kamo_magesh
New Contributor

Good day

I have visited the branch and updated my number at the Protea Mall Branch with the consultant Sanele as instructed and guess what the OTP is still being sent to my old number, and 24hours have past.

Talk about Moving Forward, This is such an inconvenience. What do i have to do to get this resolved???

Please can a consultant contact me on xxx xxx xxxx.

Regards

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello Kamo_magesh,

You need to visit a branch to change your number for the banking app. I apologise for the miscommunication. 

Kamo_magesh
New Contributor

Good day.

I have attaempted to contact the number you provided to get assitance in changing my number for the banking app and i was told that i can not change my number over the phone and i need to go to my nearest branch.

which is the correct information here?

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

suzyq
Regular Visitor
I did phone...but was told that I have to go into the bank to change it. That's very inconvenient!
melissabrits
Visitor
Did you get it fixed yet?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi miyonceesithole, please visit your nearest branch to link your new cellphone number.

miyonceesithole
Visitor
Hi I also changed my cell number yesterday but still it sent to old number.I've also sent an email to [email protected] they don't reply I want help as soon as possible
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi kenyg380, 

How can I assist you?

kenyg380
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi 100goldstone,

Please forward your query to [email protected] with your ID number and contact details, so one of our consultants can investigate this matter.

100goldstone
New Contributor
I have been to the branch in Howick to change it but it's still sending my OTP to my old number
100goldstone
New Contributor
I have the same problem
john2roux
Occasional Visitor
Hi i need to transfer money from my saving to my check account can some body please assist me
cleoc2536
Hi is there another way to change your phone number if you are unable to go to the nearest branch?
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi members.

Contact numbers are changed by our branch as per the banking policy.

The reason for this is to ensure that the details provided are correct, and there is a form you need to fill out for confirming a contact number change so that the process is seamless.

If the contact details have been updated and the OTP is still being sent to the old number, our team needs to have a look into it, as it sounds more like your profile was not updated accordingly.

Please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line "Contact number change", along with your ID number and new contact details.

We hope this information was helpful.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

leilah
Occasional Visitor
You'd think that the app would allow you to change your phone number in settings. I mean you'd still have to verify it, but I don't want to have to call a call centre.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Chris1991,

You will need to register the new number. Please call 0860 238 837 or visit your nearest branch for assistance.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team