Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

changing cell number

Solved
Chantelle18
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem except I'm out of the country and need assistance to change it so my notifications can be sent to email address... My phone number changes every few weeks as I'm traveling for work. I don't have roaming so I can't phone a SA number. Can I be assisted with an email address for someone who I can contact?
Vera
Occasional Visitor
Yes, I feel the same.
michaelspiro
Visitor
I have moved overseas so am unable to go to my old branch.

I have a new number and was able to make the change via my personal banker over the phone, however you have deleted two of my three cards that were attached to my online banking and have not been able to put them back on after 10-15 emails where I was guaranteed the matter would be resolved.

Typical Standard Bank service and incompetence!
Joey2610

Good day,

Please assist me

I am out of options

I have called the Mobile Banking Customer Care Centre on the 0860238837 number and requested that my cell number needs to be changed to my new contract phone

My old cell number has been cancelled ever since I recieved my contract phone

I was advised that they can not assist over the phone and that I will need to go into the branch

So I went to Standard bank Cradlestone Mall yesterday and I asked that my cell number gets updated / changed

I was advised that it will take 3hrs to reset

This morning when I tried logging in, again it shows that the OTP has been sent to my old cell number

Please assist

Thank you

pretorl69

@mogammad wrote:
Good day.
I've been registered before with standard bank (app) and all my details were filled in. I recently changed my cell phone number and now I have to add my accounts from over. The one-time pin code is being sent to my old cell number which is no longer in use.
How do I change that.
Thanks in advance.

@mogammad wrote:
Good day.
I've been registered before with standard bank (app) and all my details were filled in. I recently changed my cell phone number and now I have to add my accounts from over. The one-time pin code is being sent to my old cell number which is no longer in use.
How do I change that.
Thanks in advance.

Lixhadip13
New Contributor
So why do u even have that option if we can't do it as owners?
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Mqondisi-Gumede,

Could I kindly advise that you visit your nearest branch with your ID book and proof of residence in order to be assisted with updating your contact details.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Mqondisi-Gumede
I changed my number at the branch, but when I try online banking it still sends the OTP to the old number
KennyK
Frequent Visitor
Right ? That just a long and unnecessary process
Fd007
Occasional Visitor
Can i call that nr at any time nigth or day?
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Rexita,

The best way to resolve this will be to mail us with your full account details and the number you would like to amend. Please mail us here: [email protected] for further assistance. 

Let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

Rexita
Occasional Visitor

Dear Manager.

This is a query to undertsand how to update my contact/mobile number which is associated with an  Standard bank account that i currently am holding .

The issue I have here is that, I'm not staying in South Africa currently to come down to the branch office and update the contact number.

Please could you provide an alternative as to update the contact details.

Kindly oblige and provide a solution to this problem 

Koketso
New Contributor
We should be able to change the contact details directly on the site and the app.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Koketso,

This is not a technical issue on our site. Please note that all profiles are linked to the contact details provided when you open your account. The only way this might have been an issue is when a client has changed their contact details and it is not linked on our systems.

Let me know if this is still an issue on your side for further assistance.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Koketso
New Contributor
People have been complaining about the same issue for two years and it's still not fixed. Standard bank you need to pull your socks up and deliver better customer service!
naude41
Occasional Visitor
This is very disappointing and inconvenient to go through all the trouble and not being helped or responded to. I've changed my number. But my app is still linked to my old number.. I've been to numerous branches only to get a sorry we can't help you, called numerous centre's just to waist Airtime and ive send numerous emails to [email protected] and haven't once! Recieved a response from them? Like whats up guys? Unprofessional
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @ZollBlade,

I can imagine your frustration on this, we can assist by confirming what happened when you attempted to change your number at the branch.We currently don't have that feature on both the app and Internet Banking for changing/amending your contact number.

This should form part of our new development in future to safe guard you as our client. Please mail us with your full query and account details including the number you would like to change.

You can mail us here: [email protected]

Regards,

Boitumelo

ZollBlade
Occasional Visitor

Standard Bank. Seriously WTF is this??? I even went to the bank to change my phone number and nothing happened, this has got to be the most retarded system ever, did your app developers even test the site? Well done.... Best Internet Banking App Ever 10/10

Thobile1
New Contributor
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello Kamo,

I will follow up with the team and we will respond to your email. Apologies for the delay.

Reagards,

Boitumelo