Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

changing cell number

Solved
Veruschka
New Contributor
I need to change my cell number i have a nrw onr
Veruschka
New Contributor
I have a new number
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @khanyisile,

There is a security process attached to changing personal details online or at the nearest branch. To assist you further on this you can contact us here: 0860 123 000 for further assistance with your request. Note, we will need to verify your account by taking you through security check process in order to assist further on this.

Let us know should you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

khanyisile
Regular Visitor
Me too, I need help
Skyespirit
New Contributor
Liefies123
Frequent Visitor
How do I change my cell number
Mellisca76
New Contributor
Standard bank. Moving backwards. One would think by now, you would be allowed to change your number on the app instead of having to deal with the inconvenience of actually going into a branch.aarrghgggg frustrating!!!!!
Mellisca76
New Contributor
Standard bank. Moving backwards. One would think by now, you would be allowed to change your number on the app instead of having to deal with the inconvenience of actually going into a branch.aarrghgggg frustrating!!!!!
Reds
Occasional Visitor

Good day

I have the same problem. My OTP was set to go to my email as I am out of the country and it has worked perfectly. I just got a new phone and so had to download the app again. As soon as I logged into the new app it sent my verification to my old cellphone number. I don't understand why this could happen when it's been working fine until now.

Being overseas I cannot go to the branch and with the time difference it is very difficult to call. I just sent an email to [email protected] and got a delivery failure. How am I supposed to resolve this?

Gen
Occasional Visitor

OTP -changing cell number/email address

Having to go to a branch for this is rediculous really.

On the old internet banking the function was available, too many self-service functions have been excluded from the ne internet banking.

Standard bank are you moving backwards?

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Clotilda1972,

Please be advised that you will need to visit your nearest branch in order to be assisted with amending your contact details. Kindly remember to take your ID document with.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Clotilda1972

I lost my old cellphone. I will like to use the current number.

Palesaneelo97
Occasional Visitor
Help me get my bank account number
Quanda
New Contributor
Standard bank is retarded to innovation. Why do we call for all the little things naaa?????
OctLiz
I experienced the same problem today
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Fionanz1,

Could I kindly advise that you forward your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "changing cell number" so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Fionanz1
Occasional Visitor
I am an international customer - unless you have branches in NZ - in my city... I cannot visit one... I’ve also tried calling S.B international phone numbers but the recorded message says the number is no longer in use?
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Dumimathebula1,

Please be advised that currently the feature to amend your contact number on our self service channels, i.e. the mobile banking app and the online banking platform hasn't been enabled. You will need to visit your nearest branch with your ID booklet in order to be assisted with the switch.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Dumimathebula1
how do I change cell number without having to call or visiting the branch?
Chantelle18
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem except I'm out of the country and need assistance to change it so my notifications can be sent to email address... My phone number changes every few weeks as I'm traveling for work. I don't have roaming so I can't phone a SA number. Can I be assisted with an email address for someone who I can contact?