Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

changing cell number

Solved
Fkhunou
Have a problem with changing my cell number
denisehallerton
New Contributor
Thulanes
New Contributor
Hi,
I am currently quing outside a standard bank branch at Greenstone mall to change my cell number.

I started at festival mall but the que was unacceptably long and decided to come to Greenstone and am still in the que after half an hour.
It can't be that in the digital age I still need to go to a branch to change my cell number. The bank should enable this feature on the banking app or online banking. There is enough security features to safely do this.

Please change this thing!
Tsiko
Occasional Visitor
I’m also facing the same problem , imagine having to take your 1 hour lunch from work to go to change your contact details at the branch that’s just outdated and inconveniencing and when you’re done they don’t even tell you that you have to link the contacts and when you get home you find out that you still have to go back to the branch to link the new number , no maarn I mean its 2020 and we still have systems like that ? I’m disappointed really.

Standard bank is just redundant to change and I’m surely gonna change to another bank this month end, I can’t have this kind of bank, even the new banks that arrived this year have got options to do this at home or anywhere via the mobile apps.

At least they could have made exceptions even in this COVID 19 situation. I mean it’s been years people complaining what’s so difficult ?
23chad
Occasional Visitor
I forget my email pin
bien
New Contributor
bien
New Contributor
bien
New Contributor
I am in the uk i have not used my internet banking for a long time my cards changed and my mobile no have been changed
Duwane
New Contributor
Have the exact same problem
musamnk
New Contributor
Congo
New Contributor
Can it not be done online maybe
Olothando
Visitor
I changed my cards now on my profile,I do not have beneficiaries. Can't my beneficiaries be linked to my cheque card profile? I beg 0.
Chesslin
Visitor
can you please tell me how do i change my call phone number no the app please
Strike
New Contributor
You must create a new dashboard and you're gonna fill in the new number there. You'll receive the otp immediately that.
Ianspaintwork
New Contributor
I've got the same problem and need to make an urgent payment now. What is the solution
Hygon

I have changed my number in the branch but the app still uses the old number

ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hello Adele1990,

Please send your query and contact details to [email protected] .One of our consultants will be able to assist you with your query. 

Adele1990

Good Day, 

I went to your Branch at Mall of Africa and had my number changed there but it still has not been changed on my internet banking even though I was told it would be. What do I need to do now? 

Thank you. 

Mxolisi6
Visitor
I experiencing the same problem... I change my number Dan I went to the branch to update my new number everything was look fun bcoz notifications msgs was sent to my new number... Up until m trying 2 send money that wher I found problem because ther sent OTP one time code to my older number...
Legs

You have to go into your nearest branch. Very inconvenient, everything has to be done in the bank.

@mogammad wrote:
Good day.
I've been registered before with standard bank (app) and all my details were filled in. I recently changed my cell phone number and now I have to add my accounts from over. The one-time pin code is being sent to my old cell number which is no longer in use.
How do I change that.
Thanks in advance.