Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

changing cell number

Solved
Managa
Visitor
Hi i want to update my contact
Roxannesima
New Contributor
Same with me, I think they haven't figured that one out yet
Roxannesima
New Contributor
I did visit my nearest branch they did change the number rightly so because I'm getting the SMS's on the new number but the OTP number still the same
Chanel
New Contributor
Today, after three weeks of complaining, I got the first alert after using my debit card. But now I can’t use the app!! I’m asked to link accounts. When I do, the message these are already linked. While staff are helpful, they cannot solve such problems as on the IT can. And then you are asked to wait 11 days before they can! Do, so frustrating.
Chanel
New Contributor

I did this, twice.  Still not working and still no help from customer service.  I have no choice but to close my account as Standard Bank is unable to solve the problem.  

@StandardBank wrote:

Hi Chris1991,

You will need to register the new number. Please call 0860 238 837 or visit your nearest branch for assistance.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

@StandardBank wrote:

Hi Chris1991,

You will need to register the new number. Please call 0860 238 837 or visit your nearest branch for assistance.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

Chanel
New Contributor

I spent over an hour in the bank with the consultant who could not solve this problem.  I cannot use internet banking now at all.  I'm unable to link accounts.  Customer service was supposed to contact me and did not.  I cannot continue like this.  I am, after being with this bank for more than forty years, going to close my account today and move to another bank.

@mogammad wrote:
Good day.
I've been registered before with standard bank (app) and all my details were filled in. I recently changed my cell phone number and now I have to add my accounts from over. The one-time pin code is being sent to my old cell number which is no longer in use.
How do I change that.
Thanks in advance.

1MikeTanya
Occasional Visitor
I cannot believe that people complained about this 5years ago, still nothing is done! Must be THE WORST service in history. We even get better service from Eskom!!!
Khay1-thu
Good afternoon, I've changed my previous number into another number and now how do I change it and I want to send money into another account?
New Contributor
I want to change my nomber
New Contributor
Jk5
Occasional Visitor
Rickj
Visitor
Can't get to a branch
Stuck in UK.
Telkom chip expired.
Can't get OTP.
Can't enter an overseas number.
Breni
Occasional Visitor
AlfriedaAlice
Good afternoon I am currently working in Saudi Arabia and I would like to know if I can add my international phone number to my account as I need to use the app as my South African phone number is not working here
Klein1
Regular Visitor
What is a customer selected pin??
Jasper2
New Contributor
I have visited a branch to change it
Jasper2
New Contributor
I was at a branch to change it
Jasper2
New Contributor
I have changed my cell number but am not able to see my balances. It says confirm number
Sngisi
Visitor
Mariamokgaetsiz