Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

changing cell number

Solved
Jadyp1
Occasional Visitor
I port SB SIM TO MY OLD NUMBER YESTERDAY I DONT KNOW IS IT PORTED I CAN'T DAIL OUT
Wayden
Lolo03
Occasional Visitor
Good day

Kindly assist I have changed my card and I am unable to load a new card for cellphone banking. But still using the same number, my cellphone number is 0720132472. Your assistance will be highly appreciated
Kiddpre
Im willing to change my cell number
Sweets96
0613466055 is my new number.... The 0842169842 was stolen
MfanaFuthi74
Occasional Visitor
I also have the same problem even the branch failed me 3times,I only wanted them to change the number where I receive the OTP only from my old to the new number, please help
Monwacivil
Occasional Visitor
How do you change cell number ...for online OTP
Thh
sakkie71
New Contributor
Hi,
I went that route, to visit my branch, and the staff couldn't assist. They were totally clueless as to what to do. So please can someone give us the proper way forward as to how one changes the cell number for notifications please ? Alternatively, give your clients the option to do it on the banking app. There is no way that I will attempt the branch again for this problem.
Rony
Occasional Visitor
Tlr1952
Occasional Contributor

Please note my cel phone number has changed to +447544487957 L A Lindsey-Renton 

pamela09
Changed Cel phone 0836297840
thomascoetzee
New Contributor
I am in a different country. So how can I get my number changed as I can’t go to a branch
thomascoetzee
New Contributor
I can not call because I have moved over seas .so I need a new number to get OTPs
Veruschka
New Contributor
Changing cell number
Baki
I no longer have access to my old number and I would like to continue sending a voucher, what can be an alternative if I can't find changing a cellphone number option on my internet banking. Please advise on how do I change my cell number
Nav001-CH

Dear All,

I have exactly similar issues with Standard bank at the moment. Moved overseas I have a new cell number today(as compared to what I had in the past in South Africa) and its practically impossible to get a decent and efficient help from standard bank so that I can at least register for internet banking. I have sent about 20 emails requesting help but its been a ping pong backward and forward, different persons replying asking the same questions again and again and passing the bucks to different departments at standard bank.The last one I received was today where I was requested to register for DigiMe via a mobile Apps. Of course once the registration is done and you try to link your accounts, you are asked for a cell number - and guess what its still the old SA cell number - So I am back to square one (in fact I suspected that and mentioned it to the support before..).I unfortunately have the feeling that I am just not dealing with an profesional organisation anymore - and standard bank does not seem to knaw whats going on! This back and forth emails have been going on since 6 October ..almost 1 month now -and still no solution.

Wondering if someone can help!??

Tlr1952
Occasional Contributor

Please note my new cell phone number +447544487957

ACS1
New Contributor

This used to be an option available on Internet Banking. Other banks allows you to change your contact numbers at ease on their Apps as a fraud risk it's crucial to have an easy way to update the number you get notified by SMS for activity on your account.

Is Standard Bank planning to not make their App world class (or at least in line with your local competitors), or should customers stand in a long que or waste R200 airtime just to get through to a consultant for a cellphone number change?  

jaco77
I went into the branch today to change my cell number, but otp and messages still goes to old number... very inconvenient working with 2 sim cards.. really thought this was sorted out. Petrol and time wasted going to a branch..