Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

changing cell number

Solved
MAn-knd8
New Contributor
MAn-knd8
New Contributor
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day @justyne10.

The process to follow when replacing a SIM card is as follows:

To cancel a lost, stolen, or damaged SIM, sign into your profile at www.mobile.standardbank.co.za and click 'Replace my SIM' (SIM Swap), or you can call 0801 212 577. Your current SIM will be soft-locked, and you will be sent a new SIM.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

justyne10
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi Thembelihle11.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Kindly note that our branch changes contact numbers in accordance with banking policy.

This is done to check that the information provided is correct, and there is a form you must fill out to confirm a contact number change so that the procedure runs smoothly.

Thank you very much,

Team Standard Bank

Thembelihle11
New Contributor
Thembelihle11
New Contributor
Thembelihle11
New Contributor
benjaminreed

Changing your cell phone number with the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) is an important step to ensure that you continue to receive important notifications and updates related to your social grants and other services.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Chirise.

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

The number that should be registered for mobile banking is often the same number that you receive SMSs from the bank regarding account notifications.

to update your phone number. To update your personal information, you must go to the nearest branch with your ID book.

If we can be of any more service to you, please let us know.

Regards,

Team Standard Bank

Chirise
I want to know what is the cellphone number I regitered with an change it if it is incorrect
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, Palesa5.

We're sorry to hear about that.

Our team needs to have a look into it, as it sounds more like your profile was not updated accordingly.

Please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line "Contact number change", along with your ID number, the name of the branch you visited to change your contact details, and new contact details.

We look forward to your email.

Kind regards, 

Standard Bank Team

Palesa5
i changed it today coz I no longer using the old one but still mi banking App send the code to old phone number that i don't use anymore
ArchibaldChrono
New Contributor

Glad you solved this problem. 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good evening, @Stefaan.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Kindly note that our branch changes contact numbers in accordance with banking policy.

This is done to check that the information provided is correct, and there is a form you must fill out to confirm a contact number change so that the procedure runs smoothly.

Thank you very much,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Stefaan
New Contributor
yes thats my new number06447740086
Stefaan
New Contributor
want to change my cellphone number
Stefaan
New Contributor
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning @Xoloh92 and @Ayabonga2.

Thank you for contacting me.

Our branch changes contact numbers in accordance with banking policy.

Thank you very much,

Fana.

Team Standard Bank

Xoloh92
Hi I would like change my mobile. Number I'm. No longer using the old one