Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

changing cell number

Solved
Reds
Occasional Visitor

Good day

I have the same problem. My OTP was set to go to my email as I am out of the country and it has worked perfectly. I just got a new phone and so had to download the app again. As soon as I logged into the new app it sent my verification to my old cellphone number. I don't understand why this could happen when it's been working fine until now.

Being overseas I cannot go to the branch and with the time difference it is very difficult to call. I just sent an email to [email protected] and got a delivery failure. How am I supposed to resolve this?

0 Kudos
Gen
Occasional Visitor

OTP -changing cell number/email address

Having to go to a branch for this is rediculous really.

On the old internet banking the function was available, too many self-service functions have been excluded from the ne internet banking.

Standard bank are you moving backwards?

0 Kudos
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Clotilda1972,

Please be advised that you will need to visit your nearest branch in order to be assisted with amending your contact details. Kindly remember to take your ID document with.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
Clotilda1972

I lost my old cellphone. I will like to use the current number.

0 Kudos
Palesaneelo97
Occasional Visitor
Help me get my bank account number
0 Kudos
Quanda
New Contributor
Standard bank is retarded to innovation. Why do we call for all the little things naaa?????
0 Kudos
OctLiz
I experienced the same problem today
0 Kudos
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Fionanz1,

Could I kindly advise that you forward your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "changing cell number" so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
Fionanz1
Occasional Visitor
I am an international customer - unless you have branches in NZ - in my city... I cannot visit one... I’ve also tried calling S.B international phone numbers but the recorded message says the number is no longer in use?
0 Kudos
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Dumimathebula1,

Please be advised that currently the feature to amend your contact number on our self service channels, i.e. the mobile banking app and the online banking platform hasn't been enabled. You will need to visit your nearest branch with your ID booklet in order to be assisted with the switch.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
Dumimathebula1
how do I change cell number without having to call or visiting the branch?
0 Kudos
Chantelle18
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem except I'm out of the country and need assistance to change it so my notifications can be sent to email address... My phone number changes every few weeks as I'm traveling for work. I don't have roaming so I can't phone a SA number. Can I be assisted with an email address for someone who I can contact?
0 Kudos
Chantelle18
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem except I'm out of the country and need assistance to change it so my notifications can be sent to email address... My phone number changes every few weeks as I'm traveling for work. I don't have roaming so I can't phone a SA number. Can I be assisted with an email address for someone who I can contact?
0 Kudos
Vera
Occasional Visitor
Yes, I feel the same.
0 Kudos
michaelspiro
Visitor
I have moved overseas so am unable to go to my old branch.

I have a new number and was able to make the change via my personal banker over the phone, however you have deleted two of my three cards that were attached to my online banking and have not been able to put them back on after 10-15 emails where I was guaranteed the matter would be resolved.

Typical Standard Bank service and incompetence!
0 Kudos
Joey2610

Good day,

Please assist me

I am out of options

I have called the Mobile Banking Customer Care Centre on the 0860238837 number and requested that my cell number needs to be changed to my new contract phone

My old cell number has been cancelled ever since I recieved my contract phone

I was advised that they can not assist over the phone and that I will need to go into the branch

So I went to Standard bank Cradlestone Mall yesterday and I asked that my cell number gets updated / changed

I was advised that it will take 3hrs to reset

This morning when I tried logging in, again it shows that the OTP has been sent to my old cell number

Please assist

Thank you

0 Kudos
pretorl69

@mogammad wrote:
Good day.
I've been registered before with standard bank (app) and all my details were filled in. I recently changed my cell phone number and now I have to add my accounts from over. The one-time pin code is being sent to my old cell number which is no longer in use.
How do I change that.
Thanks in advance.

@mogammad wrote:
Good day.
I've been registered before with standard bank (app) and all my details were filled in. I recently changed my cell phone number and now I have to add my accounts from over. The one-time pin code is being sent to my old cell number which is no longer in use.
How do I change that.
Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Lixhadip13
New Contributor
So why do u even have that option if we can't do it as owners?
0 Kudos
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Mqondisi-Gumede,

Could I kindly advise that you visit your nearest branch with your ID book and proof of residence in order to be assisted with updating your contact details.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
Mqondisi-Gumede
I changed my number at the branch, but when I try online banking it still sends the OTP to the old number
0 Kudos