Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

how to cancel or reverse a debit order

Solved
Jazzman
New Contributor
Bona, this Banks are IN with this crooks that’s why they don’t care.
Phone this Capitalits on 0860 111 00 / 0860 101 341
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Mmatladi,

The best way to resolve this is to visit your nearest branch or contact us here: 0860 123 000.

Let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

Mmatladi
DaMan

This is total disappointment and incompetency by Standard Bank. Absa,FNB and the New-baby-on-the-block (Capitec), have this service through Online, App and Cellphone platforms. According to an article by  Lorraine Kearney  dated  7 November 2015  ; she said "Standard Bank also says it has plans to enable its customers to reverse unauthorised debit orders via online and mobile channels. My source IOL.CO.ZA

This implies that the bank's planning dates back three years ago and to date it bears no fruits whilst we continue to be frustrated by this unauthorised debits. DISAPPOINTMENT AND INCOMPETENCY.

Zah28

I agree as well it the worse bank

MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Clinten,

Please be advised that the bank regards the safety and security of our customers as crucial and has a zero tolerance approach to fraud of any nature.  Customers who notice an unauthorised debit order on their accounts are encouraged to contact their bank immediately to reverse the transaction. This can be done at a branch or through the call centre on 0860 123 000. There are no fees associated with this reversal as long as the transaction is reversed within 40 days of the transaction taking place. Customers who feel that they have been incorrectly debited or charged for a service that they did not subscribe to should also contact the company directly to stop any future debit orders. Customers are also encouraged to lay a criminal complaint with the South African Police Service. In turn, Standard Bank does report any suspicious transactions under strict regulatory guidelines to the relevant authorities.

Regards,

Mandy

Clinten
New Contributor
i so agree with you this is the worse bank & regret ever joining such stupid bank.
Clinten
New Contributor

I work during the week & don't have any bank close to me. Why can't you assist me online. This is the 2nd time this debit order went off on my account. I want contact details. I do not know how can debit orders go off & the bank do not have details.

I want that debit orders reversed now today

Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Tumibs,

The best way to resolve this is through our contact centre as you need to go through security question before we gain access to your account.  Please contact us here: 0860 123 000 for further assistance.

Let us know should you need us to intervene here.

Regards, 

Boitumelo 

Tumibs
How to cancel or reverse debit order with cell phone banking.R141.00

Jacky1986
New Contributor
Jacky1986
New Contributor
I went to the bank to cancel a debit order they said they can't cancel it Unirewards and Arcade Zone.I don't know what it is and if I try to reverse it they just take it again 5 minutes later.Please help!
thobilemzi
Occasional Visitor
Not helping, what happens if you get a notification saying X amount has be paid to X company...
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Sbonga-konke88,

Please be advised that the bank regards the safety and security of our customers as crucial and has a zero tolerance approach to fraud of any nature.  Customers who notice an unauthorised debit order on their accounts are encouraged to contact their bank immediately to reverse the transaction. This can be done at a branch or through the call centre on 0860 123 000. There are no fees associated with this reversal as long as the transaction is reversed within 40 days of the transaction taking place. Customers who feel that they have been incorrectly debited or charged for a service that they did not subscribe to should also contact the company directly to stop any future debit orders. Customers are also encouraged to lay a criminal complaint with the South African Police Service. In turn, Standard Bank does report any suspicious transactions under strict regulatory guidelines to the relevant authorities.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Sbonga-konke88
I want reverse debit order with my phone
Dikapi09
Why cant we do it on the app for simplier faster and better? Isnt that your motto? Because most people dont have time and these fraudsters are annoying as theu debit 99 rands please update the app for more efficient use
Ch1
Visitor
Derrick555
Standard Bank has failed customers. I’m so dissatisfied with this bank. Unauthorized debit orders, go to the branch to stop them and pay a fee. Simple solution. Switch to a bank that cares. First thing Monday, FNB door. Close all standard bank accounts. And get to dispute debit orders using the FNB app
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Bombeleni,

Regards,

Mandy

Bombeleni