Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

how to cancel or reverse a debit order

Solved
Juglooma
Contributor
mazibuzc
Occasional Contributor

LOL the only debit you can stop is the one you know where its coming from call the branch as for unauthorised debits those you cant stop yerrr those thugs keep on changing the reference and its disturbing

mazibuzc
Occasional Contributor

True that myself i am tired of  having to call in and reverse these R99.00 unauthorised debits

some banks even offer the option to block debits less than R100.00

STD bank has  a lot of  continous improvement to implement.

Ladies1st
New Contributor

Hi there

I am trying to reverse an unauthorised debit order. 

I've been able to do it for the last 2 months but now this month the system is not allowing me to reverse it. 

It shows on my statement that it has been deducted but when I choose the option to reverse debit orders, the payment does not come up in the list of debit orders. 

What can I do to get it reversed ASAP.

Thank you

Hilton1
Regular Visitor
Liezl1992
Occasional Visitor
Hoe do I cancel it if I’m not in the country and cannot visit a branch???
Liberty
New Contributor
hy iwant to reverse debit order
Haydn
New Contributor
There is a reverse debit order feature in the app. Go to the more option on the bottom navigation > select Manage Debit Orders > select Reverse Debit Orders.

A list of allowed reversible debit orders under R200 is displayed. Follow the screen prompts
Lange62
Visitor
I need to cancel enything that take my money in my accout
Bongz23
Occasional Visitor
How much di you charge to get back your money
ShabnamB10

I try to avoid going into the banks because of the long queues. I am sure I read that the new app allowes to cancel or reverse a debit order.

Varosha
Occasional Visitor
Hi I would like to cancel unwanted debit orders illegal ones I tried calling the branch but no assistance at all the service at standard bank is terrible
Akazi1
Occasional Visitor
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Good Morning,

Please be advised that you can now reverse unauthorised debit orders on the online banking platform, as well as, the mobile banking app. Please visit: https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Internet-banking/How-to-reverse-a-Debit-Order-on-Online-Bank... for more information on how you can reverse your unauthorised debit orders on the online/internet banking platform, as well as, https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Key-app-features/How-to-reverse-a-Debit-Order-on-the-Mobile-... for mobile banking app reversals.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Seletamotse1
Occasional Visitor
leonkabeya
New Contributor
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @GoldRecords7,

Please be advised that you will need to get in touch with our international customer care on 010 249 0423 in order to to be assisted with logging a reversal. Kindly note that this needs to be done within 45 days of the debit order date.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

GoldRecords7
Occasional Visitor
I’m abroad and I want to reverse and cancel a debit order. Best way?
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Buyie,

Please be advised that you will need to visit your nearest branch or contact customer care on 0860 123 000 in order to log a reversal. Kindly note that the request needs to be logged within 45 days of the debit order date. 

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Who is thi GAP MBS that are busy debiting my account?