Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

how to cancel or reverse a debit order

Solved
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @Nomfundo3 

Please be advised that you can reverse a debit order of R200 and below on the mobile banking app and online banking should you need to reverse an amount above that, please be advised that you can contact customer care on 0860 123 000 for further assistance.

Here are steps to do reversal less than 200 on your Mobile Banking App:

• Login to your App,
  • Select "Manage" from your menu bar,
  • Select "Debit orders" and select reverse a debit order,
  • Select the account you would like to reverse from,
  • All debit orders less than 200 will show, 

Note, if you don't see any debit orders it means that you don't have debit orders less than 200 that went off your account in the last 40 days.

Regards, 

Boitumelo

FT1
Nomfundo3
Occasional Visitor
Hi there I need to reverse money back into my account via my app what do I do?
Scheedee

I was notified by Standard Bank SMS last night that a credit card transaction had been processed. Standard Bank call center 0860123107 in "CONGESTED" and I am unable to speak to an agent to assist in cancelling this unathorized card transaction.

The on-line supplier (Kaspersky), actioned a transaction for renewal without my authorization AND without the stated 7 day notification...

ALSO... The renewal, if authorized (which is was not) would only apply on 1st April.

There is also no other STANDARD BANK contact details, other than the 0860 number (above) to lodge this credit complaint for immediate cancelation action.

Kamo4
How do I reverse a debit order
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Bophela38,

Please be advised you are able to reverse a debit order of R200 and below on the mobile banking app. For debit orders above this, you will need to contact customer care on 0860 123 000 or forward your account details to [email protected] with the subject line "debit order reversal" so that we can look into this and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Bophela38
Frequent Visitor
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @mjerana,

Can I kindly ask that you get in touch with our customer care unit on 0860 123 000 or forward your account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "reversing eft" for further assistance on this matter.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

mjerana
Regular Visitor

Hi, how do i reverse an eft payment that i paid mistakenly into a paid-up account

Khonani
Frequent Visitor
How do I cancel a debit that I arranged or did on my banking app.
jpmokoena
Occasional Visitor
Can u please increase a debt oder and I want to make a stop oder
Thabomotshabi1
Cutie
Occasional Visitor
Hi how can I reverse my money I bought electricity cause I have not yet received sms after I bought
Puisano
Occasional Visitor
How do i reverse using my app
Nicnicnicole
Occasional Contributor
Mandy where can I find this dispute form?

Kind regards
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Gina1234,

Please be advised that you can reverse a debit order of R200 and below on the mobile banking app and online banking should you need to reverse an amount above that, please be advised that you can contact customer care on 0860 123 000 for further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Gina1234
Occasional Visitor
So I take it that debit order can’t be cancelled without going into bank
JamesMthembu

I have a problem with these unauthorised Debit Orders accessing my Std Bank account. If  there's no application to reverse available, then the bank must block the access and confirm with the account holder whether to pay or not.  Another problem we encounter is that we don't even know who these transaction code belong to may be it would be better if their names appear. We do not have time to go to the bank everytime these transaction take place. If it only need the account holder to visit the bank for the reversal, then why don't you permanently block these hackers and let us come in person to authorise which account must the Debited. If there's no signed authorisation then no access.

Regards

hiedapieterse
Visitor
PreciousBee
Occasional Visitor
It's unbelievable that a big bank like this for years would still not have a self service for debit order reversal?! Wow, so ridiculous!!