Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

how to cancel or reverse a debit order

Solved
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Lutho0101.

Thank you for confirming

Kindly note, you can only reverse a debit order less than R500 and not a debi-check debit order.

How to reverse recent debit orders for amounts less than R500:

To begin, go to your home screen and select manage:

• Select manage debit orders.
  • select reverse debit order.
  • select the account from the money was debited (keep in mind that debit order reversals can only be made from current or savings account).
  • select the debit order you want to reverse.
  • select a reason why you want to reverse the debit order.

To cancel a debit order, you must contact the party you have the signed contracted agreement with, as only they can cancel the debit order, not your bank. It’s then up to you to ensure that the instructions are carried out.

Please let me know if this resolves your query.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Lutho0101
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @mikaelamore21.

Thank you for reaching out.

Would you like to reverse a debit order or cancel it?

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

mikaelamore21
New Contributor

So i should call 0860123107 to cancel my transaction. ?? 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Lusandamngenela.

Kindly note, you can only reverse a debit order less than R500 and not a debi-check debit order.

• To begin, go to your home screen and select manage.
    Select manage debit orders
    select reverse debit order
    select the account from the money was debited (keep in mind that debit order reversals can only be made from current or savings account)
    select the debit order you want to reverse
    select a reason why you want to reverse the debit order.

To cancel a debit order, you must contact the party you have the signed contracted agreement with, as only they can cancel the debit order, not your bank. It’s then up to you to ensure that the instructions are carried out.

I hope this resolves your query.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

Lusandamngenela
Hi I want to cancel the debit
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @EJH.

• To begin, go to your home screen and select manage.
    Select manage debit orders
    select reverse debit order
    select the account from the money was debited (keep in mind that debit order reversals can only be made from current or savings account)
    select the debit order you want to reverse
    select a reason why you want to reverse the debit order.

I hope this resolves your query.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

EJH
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Letsholib.

That is a EFT, and not a debit order. The process is different. Please share your email address so we forward the form for assistance.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Letsholib
I send money from my FNB account to a standard bank account but the account number had 8 digits I missed one number please reverse back into my account
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Chantell5, you need to contact transactional team, and request for debit reversal. Please note that the team will not be able to reverse the funds if it is a debi-check. You need to contact the company, and request for the funds to be reversed. You can place a stop payment on our digital platforms under manage debit orders.

Chantell5

Good day

How do i reverse a debit order that is more then R500.

richardsrochell
I have tried calling that customer service number and there's no answer since Saturday please I need assistance with reversing a payment made without my authorization
OnemihlaD
You can reverse debit order by using Standard bank app or go to the nearest Standard bank branch
Mokorna
How can I register my debit othe
russel
Community Manager

You can cancel or reverse a debit order on the app if it is for under R200. If higher, you will need to call 0860123000.

jmatshidiso
Occasional Visitor
Dikatlego_mas
New Contributor
Dikatlego_mas
New Contributor