Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

how to cancel or reverse a debit order

Solved
busisiwe23bm
Contributor

Hi Daisyg35,

I apologise for that. Which platform did you use to send the secure message?

daisyg35
New Contributor
On the 24th I requested via secure message to have a debit order reversed that went off that very same hour. NO RESPONSE to date. This was done after someone called me, when replied with fraud, and advise me to go into my branch. I am travelling and was advised a secure message to my branch will recall the funds! No wonder I have my business account with FNB. Theread you truly have control of your funds!
lindsayhss
Occasional Visitor
I have read through the cancellation of debit queries. 1. SB response to it , not professional .
2. People complaint about the App that does not have the functionality, clearly by now, it should be resolved, by being available on the App.
3. Not sure, if your time frame is really 48hours, at FNB the money is immediately back in your account after reversal.
weiman4
Why is this not possible? Even Capitec bank has this function on their cellphone banking. Std bank needs to improve
deejay
Visitor
XpNish
Call this number 0860101341 During working hours...Speak to a consultant and have the exact amount ready which you want to stop. Quick response.
wwhlamyviolet
Regular Visitor
How to cancel or reverse a debit order
ilanampiti
Community Coordinator

Hi,

To cancel or reverse your debit order, please visit your nearest branch to have them reversed. 

Conzaconza7
New Contributor
How to cancel or reverse a debit order on my phone
Conzaconza7
New Contributor
nelsonlaviano45
Occasional Contributor
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi lwazimahasela, please call 0860 101 341 for any Debit Order Reversal.

lwazimahasela
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi Muhluri0715,

Unfortunately to reverse a debit order you would have to call the call centre as the process needs to be verified. Please call 0860123000 for assistance with that.

Regards,

Standard Bank Team

muhluri0715
New Contributor
I am almost 1200.km.away from town and I could only go there tomorrow
muhluri0715
New Contributor
Good day I need to do reversal and stop the debit from my acco
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi, this functionality is not available yet, I will escalate your feedback to our development team.

lutendom
Occasional Visitor
Capitec has a reversal option on their app. You'd think all that money we pay monthly is for some actual service delivery. Nxah. Fyi when Capitec bank gives us the business banking option I'll be first in line.
Jazzman
New Contributor

Call 0860 101 341 for any Debit Order Reversal, the money is back in your account within 48hours.