Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

how to cancel or reverse a debit order

Solved
Buyie
Occasional Visitor
I want to cancel a debit order for Clientele life which take place on the 26th of the month. Also to reverse that money which they took for this month .
Lungie
Occasional Visitor
How can reverse without going to the bank
Kholiwe
Occasional Visitor
How do I block all debit orders using the App?
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @pdangale1992 ,

Please be advised that currently the feature to reverse a debit order using the mobile banking app is not available yet. You will need to visit your nearest branch or get in touch with customer care on 0860 123 000 in order to log a request for reversal. Kindly note that this needs to be done within a period of 45 days from the debit order date.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

pdangale1992
Occasional Visitor
I need to know how to cancel or reverse any unauthorised debit order using standard bank app
Taman
New Contributor
Taman
New Contributor
Tonir
Occasional Visitor
Standard bank prides itself on providing excellent service, yet your app does not give us the opportunity of cancelling unauthorized debit orders. Even young banks like Capitec have these options. This really sucks!! I am thinking of taking my business elsewhere !!!!
Dumi82
Regular Visitor
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Pikisani,

Please be advised that you are able to visit your nearest branch or contact our customer care on 0860 123 000 in order to log a reversal. There are no fees associated with this reversal as long as the transaction is reversed within 40 days of the transaction taking place. 

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Pikisani
I need to reverse the money deducted
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @Amyjackson1,

Please be advised that it can take 2 to 4 business days to reverse a debit order from the day that the request is logged with our customer care or branch personnel. Should the funds not be reversed within this period, kindly note that you can contact customer care on 0860 123 000 or forward an email to [email protected] in order to be assisted further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

Amyjackson1
New Contributor
How long does it take to reverse a debit order
Amyjackson1
New Contributor
Can someone help me reverse a debit order
Zeezee
I see about 2different amount one deposited and the other one withdrawn can I be assisted on that.
BSM
vusikhanya
Visitor
Hi, Admin,

Can I cancel a debit order using the app, as I just got a debit order of which I don’t even know it this morning?
Neville3
I want to reverse a debit order via my cell phone
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @ZaneleR413

Please advise if you still experiencing issue with this? You can request to cancel the debit order via online banking under transaction using your debit order details, Note, you will still need to contact us here: 0860 123 000 or visit the nearest branch for debit order reversal.

Let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

ZaneleR413
I called since morning for reversal and been holding for more that 7 Min and I'm using airtime.when I eventually go through now 10 Min ago my airtime was finished .and called again holding for long time I asked to be called when my airtime finished and they rudely refused.standard bank is dail