Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

iPhone App does not activate Touch ID, there is also no setting to activate this.

6 REPLIES 6
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Could you please forward your query to [email protected]

WarriorPrincess
Occasional Visitor
Experienced the same issue, except it used to work fine when out of the blue it stopped. Nothing worked, however logged in on the App, clicked on the Settings Tab, "unchecked" enable Touch ID, signed out. Signed back in (with password), clicked on the Settings Tab, "checked" enable Touch ID, signed out. Next login Touch ID was available again.
StandardBank
Community Coordinator

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know that you have successfully activated the Touch ID function on your phone.

Regards,

Standard Bank

elizevdr
New Contributor

OK, thanks, figured it out.

When the app starts it asks the password, then you must enter the password and THEN it asks to activate the Touch ID.

So you must first Sign In with the password once, then it asks you if the Touch ID is to be activated after the sign in.

elizevdr
New Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I have already done all this.

My iPhone's TouchID was already activated when I downloaded and installed the app on 29 May 2015, so I am quite sure it is the latest app, Version 2.2.1

Since the TouchID was already activated (I already use it to activate my phone instead of a pin), that was not necessary.

I also killed the app completely and opened it again, and it keepts asking to sign in with a password, no TouchID functionality activates.

When I go into my phone's settings "Touch ID & Passcode" it lists the items for which I can activate passcode souch as:

iPhone Unlock

iTunes Store

The Standardbank app is not listed there.

There is no "other" activation switch fro Touch ID.

I have activated the TouchID by entering my fingerprint when I first got the phone, so that part was already working when I installed the app.

So I am quite sure I did all that was required for this to work.

I am also on iPhone 5 with iOS 8.3 and the app states it runs in iPhone 5s and iOS 7 or later.

Even powered my phone off and on again to see if it helps.

My conclusion is that it does not work.

jpfouche
Occasional Contributor

Hi Elize

I feel your frustration, best solution is to do the following:

1) Check that you have the latest version of the Standard Bank App installed.

2) If you are notg prompted to use Touch Id on app startup, go to settings and check that Touch ID is enabled.

3) Now close the app completely and open it once again.

4) Touch ID should be the default access point now.

I had this issue with my 5s where I did not accept the 1st splash screen and had to manually activate Touch ID in the setting.

Happy apping!

Cheers

elizevdr
New Contributor

I followed all instructions for the iPhone app and can loggin with password.

TouchID on my iPhone 5 was already activated as I use this to loggin to my phone and all else that can use it.

The Standard Bank app never asked me to use the Touch ID as loggin method, although the instructions claimed it will, referring to the following link:

http://www.standardbank.co.za/standardbank/Personal/Self-service-banking/Tablet-and-smartphone-App/B...

I quote from the link:

• Select ‘Touch ID & Passcode’.
  • Follow the step-by-step guide to set up your fingerprint ID.
  • Access the Standard Bank app from your iPhone.
  • Choose Touch ID as your way of logging in.

Where is the "Choose Touch ID as your way of logging in". Where do I CHOOSE it? It did not willingly ask me that (if it had a will which it does not because it does not have a brain, this must be programmed in)

So where do I "CHOOSE" to use the Touch ID for logging in to this app, as it claim that you can do that?????